• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

"SF Approved" Items You Can't Get Behind

deadly7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by audiophilia
Peak lapels on single breasted suits
Who the hell advocates peak lapels on anything but tuxedos?

Is this just because you can't pull them off? Or do you genuinely find they look bad?

Ianiceman

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
This s a well thought out and well articulated theory. Not sure I'm in entire agreement I'll have to think about it more but it goes some way to explainingsome of the car crashes seen daily on WAYWRN.

whnay.

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
blue, red or green dress shoes - fkn terrible

cptjeff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by deadly7

People who like to wear DB suits? People who don't care about stupid, arbitrary conventions and like the look of a peak lapel on a SB jacket?

Sanguis Mortuum

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by deadly7

scan0003.jpg

scan0013.jpg

scan0023.jpg

Not to mention the countless images of double-breasted suits, which must always have peak lapels.

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^^Dude,those are drawings and I don't like that suit one bit, it is dated and those lapels aren't appealing to my eyes. So,I also dislike SB peak lapel suits.

cptjeff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by forex
^^^Dude,those are drawings and I don't like that suit one bit, it is dated and those lapels aren't appealing to my eyes. So,I also dislike SB peak lapel suits.
At least one of those looks to be a 1920's apparel arts or something along those lines... that kinda be the point. His point was that the SB peak lapel jacket has a long and honorable history. And that tweed suit is awesome in any era. And it could be from any era. That looks like traditional English tailoring at it's finest.

aizan

Reaction score
Originally Posted by forex

steichen_gary_cooper_b.jpg

it looks fine over here.

Eustace Tilley

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whnay.
blue, red or green dress shoes - fkn terrible

You are obviously not an English aristocrat.

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fedoras or any other similarly brimmed hat.

I've yet to see anyone wear one without it looking like costume.

Da Luis Vuitton Don

Reaction score
Originally Posted by TRINI
Fedoras or any other similarly brimmed hat.

I've yet to see anyone wear one without it looking like costume.

only douchers wear fedoras...
trollface.png

i will add that overly baggy clothes look really really bad and me being from an urban area see a lot of this.

pants with many cuffs that make it appear as if you are wearing your much taller brothers clothing.

The hood uniform- baggy jeans, white over sized T-shirt and random pair of nikes....

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cptjeff
At least one of those looks to be a 1920's apparel arts or something along those lines... that kinda be the point.

His point was that the SB peak lapel jacket has a long and honorable history. And that tweed suit is awesome in any era. And it could be from any era. That looks like traditional English tailoring at it's finest.

I am referring to the real suit picture when I said dated. Other drawings look great,but they are just that,drawings.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads