• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LeatherSOUL
12310-2.jpg

is that kiya's jungle cloth pant? looks like the color soften a lot for you, nice!

LeatherSOUL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LynahFaithful
Beauties Tom. Any special treatment for the shoe shine?

Are the Chromexcel NST's you mentioned being at the trunk shoe the ones from your pre-order #16?

Horween recommends Neat's oil.

Yup, they are the ones. Your pair is on the LSW order due later this month!

Originally Posted by HorseHide
Tom - put a commando sole on those chromexcel chukkas and you have the perfect winter boot. I'll take a 9 B/D.

These have the double oiled waterlock leather sole. I'll keep all of you in snowy weather in mind, the 70 degree Hawaii weather clouds my judgement.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Thor
Tom- what do you call/how do you describe that welt/sole/edge trim (antique)?

Its seems like that would go really well with cigar shell- have ever done anything similar?

Light antique edgetrim. Most stores do order cigar with that trim.

Originally Posted by randomkoreandude
is that kiya's jungle cloth pant? looks like the color soften a lot for you, nice!

Yup, Selfedge's jungle cloth pants. So soft and comfy! I don't wear them as much as I should but they are great pants.

LeatherSOUL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by srivats
Great chukkas Tom! They look fantastic and they fit you really well.

Are these still available, BTW?

They actually arrived yesterday! Sizes 6-10.5D, 8E and 9E available.

eightdouble

Reaction score
Originally Posted by LeatherSOUL
Chomexcel chukkas today.
12310-1.jpg

i need these shoes in my life. i called BH and they acted like they knew nothing about them. will try to call the islands. tom if you see this i emailed about them and want in. cheers.

LeatherSOUL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by blue collar
My order is in for an 11.5 D. Woot!!!

Yup, you got the only one on order!

Originally Posted by eightdouble
i need these shoes in my life.

i called BH and they acted like they knew nothing about them.

will try to call the islands.

tom if you see this i emailed about them and want in. cheers.

Sorry, they're only at LSW. You can call us at (310)248-2399 to order.

eightdouble

Reaction score
ordered. i have been waiting for something like this. i love the chukkas, but wanted a matte CXL finish.

monologuist

Reaction score
Picked up the Natty CXL Longwings from LSBH this afternoon. Indeed, it comes off as a bit more brown than the teaser pic. Not as much brown as in the Epaulet pics, but definitely not tan or "band-aid" like LOL (also, the welt is stained in the LS version) Really unique and a bit more casual than I had anticipated (would be perfect Denim/Chino shoe).... The combo of the CXL uppers and crepe souls complement each other perfectly, much better than a shiny shell upper with crepe soul IMO....also incredibly comfortable.

The other designs all looked really nice as well, although I was surprised how different the NST boot looked than a trubalance Indie. The combo of the NST toe with the Barrie last made it look quite a bit sleeker than I would have thought, at least compared to my CXL Indies. Anyway for those who feel resistant to adding such an NST boot to their stable due to owning already owning an Indie, I think they are pretty distinct from one another. FYI, for the Longwings, medium sizes will probably be few and far between by the time the trunk show is over (for instance they only ordered one 9D), and Bryan said NST boots were quickly depleted too.

LeatherSOUL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by srivats
8.5E is already sold? Say it ain't so!

qos3H.jpg

Our only pair...GONE! Along with 11D and 11.5D. We have 4 pairs of 7D available though! Sorry!

blue collar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm so happy I'm able to get my hands on this boot. I have missed the boat on so many beautiful shoes because I had to 'think it over" first. This one I lucked out on.

I thought this combo would be beautiful ever since I saw the Brown Chromexcel in person for the first time. last week, after searching the net with no luck, I decided to pitch my idea to Tom in hopes that one day he would design a boot like this...

Turns out the great minds at Leather Soul had already designed this boot and had them ON ORDER?!?!? and they were expected to be in 3 days later!!!

laugh.gif

phantomx48

Reaction score
"Disclaimer and apology: Sorry this thread contains no pictures,
frown.gif
"

Anyways, I was able to sneak out and make it to the LSBH trunk show before my flight today and although I was there for only ten minutes it was a great experience! Saw an original Indy boot, along with a pair of 1921 Alden shoes, which were in such good condition that I could have sworn they were only a quarter of their true age. Hope my Alden's look that good after 89 years.

They also had the #4 saddle shoe which was not quite my style (did not like the #4 w/the black combination), but I still had to pick it up an examine the beautiful #4 leather. I would love to see more use of this wonderful color in the future. It might not be as versatile as #8, or other shells but it has that striking "oxblood" color that will most likely make people take a second glance and ask you where you got them. The same thing with the Madison Brown leather that was used for the Semi Brogue they had on display. . .while not shell, the color was bold enough to make this a very special pair!

Also picked up the Natural NST Boot while I was there and I can already tell that it will become one of my favorite pairs. The color of the leather shifts and darkens with every step and every crease, and I can't wait to see it age after a year or two. And as someone mentioned above, the stitching on the toe makes this boot look a lot sleeker than the Indy boot, and somewhat more refined. Yet the color and the crepe sole make it comfortable enough for daily use with casual wear.

Overall, it was the best ten minutes I have spent "shopping" in Beverly Hills!

Thanks to Tom for bringing us Southern California folks such a fine shoe store. Thanks to Bryan for putting up with my many e-mails. And finally thanks to Nate Humble from Alden for the informative chat.

Whoever has not made it to the show yet, it is a must go (and don't make the mistake I did. . .BRING YOUR CAMERA!).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads