• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Walking Dead (AMC)

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by juicemakesugar
That link has been updated. Still, it's funny to see what Frank Darabont looks like after admiring his films for many years.

You know, I liked the guy's films alright. I never gave him much of a thought though, until I saw Dangerous Days, the special features documentary of Blade Runner, and he talked about how the theatrical cut "happy" ending and voiceover was like someone kicking you in the balls. That's when my respect for the man bloomed.
smile.gif

bcate3

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JMRouse
Huh? Why would they do that? The show is a critical and ratings hit. Am I missing something?

The article says that the director wrote 2 of the shows and rewrote the rest. Looks like the staff writers weren't delivering what he wanted.

virus646

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bcate3
The article says that the director wrote 2 of the shows and rewrote the rest. Looks like the staff writers weren't delivering what he wanted.

and you can easily see the difference between the first episode from the rest. not that the show is bad anyway, will be watching that finale as soon as it shows up !

frenchy

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
i still dont get why they just dont get one of those tanks learn a day how to run the ****** and just mow down every walker they come across.
even the second ep,when he was stuck in the tank..hellllooooooo you are in a tank,try to start it,maybe run down some of those mofos i mean how hard can it be,and even if it is hard and takes you 10 hours to get a hang of it still better then going out and getting your head chewed off.
but then again i know it wouldnt be much of a episode if he did that,but meet us half way.
if i was a writer i would have him do that for say couple of minutes and then have him run out of diesel just for the sake of credibility

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by frenchy
i still dont get why they just dont get one of those tanks learn a day how to run the ****** and just mow down every walker they come across.
even the second ep,when he was stuck in the tank..hellllooooooo you are in a tank,try to start it,maybe run down some of those mofos i mean how hard can it be,and even if it is hard and takes you 10 hours to get a hang of it still better then going out and getting your head chewed off.
but then again i know it wouldnt be much of a episode if he did that,but meet us half way.
if i was a writer i would have him do that for say couple of minutes and then have him run out of diesel just for the sake of credibility

I have a hard time suspending the disbelieve that a bunch of brainless zombies managed to kill all these guys in tanks and armored vehicles as easily as they supposedly did. Seems like any reasonably fortified position could resist the zombies indefinitely and they could just send tanks out to squash zombies until they got bored.

FLMountainMan

White Hispanic
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Gibonius
I have a hard time suspending the disbelieve that a bunch of brainless zombies managed to kill all these guys in tanks and armored vehicles as easily as they supposedly did. Seems like any reasonably fortified position could resist the zombies indefinitely and they could just send tanks out to squash zombies until they got bored.

Good point, but you have to do this to enjoy the whole genre. As I mentioned before, the threat that zombies pose in cinema is extremely unrealistic. You have to be willing to overlook a lot to accept that slow-moving, mindless, unarmed humans with poor motor skills who have to bite you to be effective would pose a widescale serious threat to Western Civilization (or any civilization, really).

As others have said, you'll be better off if you give up worrying about crap like that and just enjoy the movie.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
It's like 28 Days later. One person gets infected on the inside and it gets out of control. Plus, you have to assume that this threat took everyone by total surprise. A zombie outbreak could go on for some time people took it seriously. Can you imagine being the guy who has to report to the President that the dead are walking and eating people? If this outbreak started all over the world at once, there could have been a lot of damage done before the military got fully involved. As for the tank, it could have been out of gas for all we know.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by virus646
dont....click, simple really.

Not really, this thread has its moments of promise that drive me to come back hoping, just hoping marsupials that forget TV shows are not the real world will open their minds. But today, I was disappointed like I am 80% of the time.

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JMRouse
It's like 28 Days later. One person gets infected on the inside and it gets out of control. Plus, you have to assume that this threat took everyone by total surprise. A zombie outbreak could go on for some time people took it seriously. Can you imagine being the guy who has to report to the President that the dead are walking and eating people? If this outbreak started all over the world at once, there could have been a lot of damage done before the military got fully involved.

As for the tank, it could have been out of gas for all we know.

I understand individual tanks running out of gas and such, but on a worldwide level it bugs me.

This is all meta-criticism, I can ignore it when I'm actually watching/reading.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I understand individual tanks running out of gas and such, but on a worldwide level it bugs me.

This is all meta-criticism, I can ignore it when I'm actually watching/reading.

I understand. I just think it's too easy to pick appart a good show instead of just enjoying it. No show or movie is perfect. To me the tank thing is a non issue. Hell I just figured all the tank drivers were either turned or eaten before they could mount an offensive.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads