• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Site Topics - Part II

mordecai

Immoderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by javyn
I tried the sock puppet thing, was boring to me. No need to worry that I'll be back. Thanks for the farewell guys.

If a mod can tell me how to, or delete my acct, I'd appreciate it.

I would like for a mod to fulfill Javyn's request

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
So many, so much worse that javyn. Why are we piling on him?

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton
Because he is like the kid who ***** in the middle of the classroom and sits there screaming for everybody to come smell it because his mom laughs when he does it at home. He isn't a bad guy, but he is so tiresome that you want to put him on the short bus to the special class so that you don't have to hear him anymore.

Bhowie

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CunningSmeagol
Someone should praise you.

A custom title would be fitting.

mordecai

Immoderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton
because he doesn't have an opinion or care about anything we talk about, yet still posts unfunny bullshit incessantly. he thinks of himself as some master troll, but he isn't even that. his posts are just mediocre crap that i have to scroll through in order to get to the other responses. at least most other awful posters believe the things that they say and will discuss or argue about them. Recent evidence (past 8 minutes or so):
Constitution? What's that?
The Economist does well because pseudo-intellectuals like to look smart at coffee shops.
In other words, flip a coin, don't matter which party you vote for.

nerdykarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I haven't been following this thread that closely, but is there any way to have the system email us the text of the private messages we receive instead of just emailing us that we have a private message?

I know Ask Andy's does this and it's really useful--I can open the email, read the PM without logging into the site, and (if I choose to), continue to ignore whatever thing I'm getting PMed about.

Especially useful for those who get email on their phones.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by nerdykarim
I haven't been following this thread that closely, but is there any way to have the system email us the text of the private messages we receive instead of just emailing us that we have a private message?

I know Ask Andy's does this and it's really useful--I can open the email, read the PM without logging into the site, and (if I choose to), continue to ignore whatever thing I'm getting PMed about.

I think I disabled it because people kept replying to the email, and then I get the reply in my inbox and the person is confused as to why their reply didn't go through.

nerdykarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by j
I think I disabled it because people kept replying to the email, and then I get the reply in my inbox and the person is confused as to why their reply didn't go through.

That's a pretty good reason to disable it; thanks!

CDFS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mharwitt
because he doesn't have an opinion or care about anything we talk about, yet still posts unfunny bullshit incessantly. he thinks of himself as some master troll, but he isn't even that. his posts are just mediocre crap that i have to scroll through in order to get to the other responses. at least most other awful posters believe the things that they say and will discuss or argue about them.

Recent evidence (past 8 minutes or so):

[
If you were to read Assange's "manifesto" I linked earlier, this is what he wants. Either the government will open up and be more transparent, or spend much effort and money to clamp down on the flow of information, which would be even better for WikiLeaks.

The real question I have is, how bad do Americans want to know the truth? Will we fight for it and search out information, now that we know there is actually a place we can get facts, or will we be content to go back to our sofas and watch Dancing With the Stars and continue to live in our bubble? As stupid as I think the people here are, my vote still goes to the former option. Whether WikiLeaks stays or goes is irrelevant, he's whetted an appetite for the truth in the American public we haven't had in a very long time. I think the hundredth monkey effect has been triggered here.

The government has about as much a chance of stopping this movement as they do of stopping the online piracy movement IMO.

What's also fascinating to me is that the split between those who support and oppose Wiki doesn't seem to fall along any sort of party lines at all.

edit: I also think it's really funny that our government and media pays more attention to the fact that WikiLeaks released the information than they care about the information they actually released. That's the mores of this country though. Better to steal than to owe, better to commit corrupt acts than expose them. We're pretty fucked up
smile.gif

He seems to care about some things.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by nerdykarim

Actually, I don't think I've ever gotten an email notice about a PM received. Hmmm, may have to look at that.

haganah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't get it - was vitaminc not banned for life, especially after creating another username to come on here and post? Rach is very upset.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads