• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
Originally Posted by HRoi
Mmmconfidential worked on the gat mids. Two things - took em forfuckingever to ship...and I didn't know that yoox runs mmm's e-boutique

your prediction was wrong--it's been over an hour and they are still there!

track309

Reaction score
15% off at Sherman Brothers, including Alden. Code "plaza"

Rishin

Reaction score
So now that the SSense coupon has ended, I noticed alot of the stuff that was regularly priced before has gone back up. Will they lower the prices for good at some point or just try to sell everything left at full?

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rishin
So now that the SSense coupon has ended, I noticed alot of the stuff that was regularly priced before has gone back up. Will they lower the prices for good at some point or just try to sell everything left at full?

1. All things seasonal have a shelf life, so it it doesn't sell soon, it will go on sale.
2. That said, some product has a considerably longer shelf life than other.
3. The retail climate is much better than it has been for several years, so the likelihood of specific pieces making it to markdowns is much lower than in last past few years.

So, as always, waiting for sales is, as always, a game, but the odds are not in your favor this year.

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Speaking of shelf lives, what is with Luisa via Roma being stuck at 30% off for their SS stock? It's nearly a new year and they haven't gone past 30%
frown.gif

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ranker
Yeah it had. I kopped practically half the 'S' at the South Coast Plaza store.

which was nil? i was there tuesday and saw almost nothing. no down shirt, no vest.

BRMC_doves

Reaction score
Did anyone else get shafted during checkout at ssense? code was said to be invalid, but I was dong this hours prior to the sale expiring. Were W+H items not included?

skywalker

Reaction score
Originally Posted by KitAkira
Speaking of shelf lives, what is with Luisa via Roma being stuck at 30% off for their SS stock? It's nearly a new year and they haven't gone past 30%
frown.gif

do they have a code now?

Cote

Reaction score
Originally Posted by KitAkira
frown.gif

Well, the shipping is always free and there was a discount code for a further 10% or 15% off sale items. ... Luisa via Roma: CPNDECP001 - 15% off non sale items Matchesfashion: PRI2198 - 30% off Yoox: play@yooxmas - 10% off http://www.fashionsauce.com/discount...nt_display=all www.retailmenot.com

Rishin

Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
1. All things seasonal have a shelf life, so it it doesn't sell soon, it will go on sale.
2. That said, some product has a considerably longer shelf life than other.
3. The retail climate is much better than it has been for several years, so the likelihood of specific pieces making it to markdowns is much lower than in last past few years.

So, as always, waiting for sales is, as always, a game, but the odds are not in your favor this year.

I figured as much, but what I'm looking at is a pair of $450 dollar sweatpants, can't see too many people knocking down doors for that one haha. I actually tried the code hours prior to the cybermonday sale ending but couldn't get it to work. Oh well, thanks man, I guess I will wait.

ranker

Reaction score
Originally Posted by poly800rock
which was nil? i was there tuesday and saw almost nothing. no down shirt, no vest.

I got the vest, hoody, and sport coat in S. My SA pulled it off the rack two weeks ago along with all the items I wanted and kept in the back until the sale hit.

Make nice with a SA. They'll do wonders for you. Mine let me even pick up the items at the sale prices two days before the sale went live.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rishin
I figured as much, but what I'm looking at is a pair of $450 dollar sweatpants, can't see too many people knocking down doors for that one haha. I actually tried the code hours prior to the cybermonday sale ending but couldn't get it to work. Oh well, thanks man, I guess I will wait.

Well, did it have the red "tag"? The code was not meant to work for a lot of the new arrivals. You're probably right that not a lot of people are going to pay $450 for a pair of sweatpants, though. However, you're still betting that people have higher price resistance than do you. A few years ago, you'd have had a better chance of being right than you do now. But good luck.

Rishin

Reaction score
No it had a red tag and when I applied the code it showed the discount but for some reason after putting in my credit card the total was going back up to regular, weirdest thing.

Thanks
smile.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads