• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DLester
Thanks. It is a bit fashiony but I think I could make it work. Here is the back

anyone else?
any input from the Persian Ghost?

I approve.

asobu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lmaozedong
if not will pass it on to one of you! based on my other experience with yohji footwear it should be around a US 11...5? give or take.

Yeah, generally that's about right. I'm a US 10 and a sz 4 in most YY footwear. However, I think these particular ones from SS10 run at least a size big though.

lmaozedong

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by asobu
Yeah, generally that's about right. I'm a US 10 and a sz 4 in most YY footwear. However, I think these particular ones from SS10 run at least a size big though.

Gilt's website claims they are a 9.5, but that seems really really off since my 4 fits me and I'm also a 10-10.5. Really hoping they were only one size off and not two, but likely they are too big
frown.gif

asobu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did you get them in a 4? I haven't actually tried these on, so I might be wrong. If you're about 10.5 maybe they could fit you. Would be interested to hear about the sizing of these when you get them.

lmaozedong

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by asobu
Did you get them in a 4? I haven't actually tried these on, so I might be wrong. If you're about 10.5 maybe they could fit you. Would be interested to hear about the sizing of these when you get them.
Nah got them in a 5 (which is why i found Gilt's sizing guide so strange)--since that was the smallest size on Gilt--will let you know.

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
Isn't it pretty much common knowledge by now that you should never trust gilt's sizing?

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lmaozedong
Gilt's website claims they are a 9.5, but that seems really really off since my 4 fits me and I'm also a 10-10.5. Really hoping they were only one size off and not two, but likely they are too big
frown.gif

Gilt can go ***************.....the ones I bought aren't size 10s.....they are like 11s, whatever size 5 actually is

softy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DLester
Thanks. It is a bit fashiony but I think I could make it work. Here is the back anyone else? any input from the Persian Ghost?
gCs5d.jpg

don't follow your style too closely, but i say go for it if you think the dimensions will work for you. i do like the back view.
Originally Posted by xM.
OeiBr.jpg
geller flannel, idk if i really want to buy plaid right now but i kinda like the colour. donno if i can justify $200 on it though

no
Originally Posted by snowmanxl
thinking of this:http://sevennewyork.com/men/mens-des...on/f0tiha-cs11 since i missed out on this: http://www.ssense.com/men/product/la..._t-shirt/31383 diff colour but still silky goodness
not as appealing in this dark gray metallic color, imo silk weave can be highly contrasty like that, looks nicer in muted colors like the off white one. however it may work for your aesthetic, and you can post feedback in the LNT thread

Makeshift_Robot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ArteEtLabore14
f3f5ex.jpg

Thoughts?

Try it on first. Also if the sleeves are too long and they do gimmicky working cuffs you will have the devil of a time shortening them (the sleeves). And make sure shade/texture is good, especially important with neutrals and versatile pieces.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads