• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lands' End Canvas

Harrington

Reaction score
My order from the 30% off sale finally arrived - thanks, Canada Customs...

The verdicts:

Bridle Jean Belt: not bad, not great. The leather seems okay, but the colour's much more blackened than the photos indicated. It'll probably go back.

Chambray: After all the love they've gotten here I was expecting more. The material feels like it's been treated a lot - it's thin without being soft. The fit's awkward as well, too tight across the shoulders but blousey at the waist. I'll hold onto it for a workshop beater, but this is Old Navy-level stuff.

Flannel workshirt: Fantastic. Seriously, I'm in love with this thing. The fabric's thick and comfortable, it tapers well, and it holds its shape much more readily than the chambray. Definitely picking up more.

Boot socks: They're thick cotton socks. Worth picking up on sale, but not at the standard price.

TDOT

Reaction score
Has anyone received their boys expedition parka yet? Hows the fit in XL?

bombers

Reaction score
Not right now. Their current promotion is 40% of the highest priced item with orders over $75. I'm sure they'll have one before Xmas though.

millerni

Reaction score
Just placed an order for the jersey blazer for 56 bucks shipped. 6'0 150lbs so we'll see how the fit works, but at that price it's worth a shot. Plus, a quick trip to Sears isn't too tough if it doesn't work out.

TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For anyone who owns the Men's Shaker Shawl Card.... Does it strech with wear?

RangerP

Reaction score
Originally Posted by cb_32
im not sure, what should i do?

Originally Posted by chris lewis
Depends on how you plan to wear the shirt. If not tucking I'd say just take in the sides. If you're tucking then do both, the darting will help with the blousing in back.

FWIW, the tailor I use usually charges about $18 to take in the sides and slim down the sleeves, which is what I usually have done.

+1.

Darts would definitely get rid of that extra fabric in the back a lot better than the sides...but it's a casual shirt that I'm guessing you won't be tucking in so go with the sides. Some people get darts done on casual shirts but I think it just looks weird.

I pay $10 for sides taken in... some places have quoted me as high as $20.

CruzAzul

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES

Mine sure did. I should have sized down.

cb_32

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chris lewis
Depends on how you plan to wear the shirt. If not tucking I'd say just take in the sides. If you're tucking then do both, the darting will help with the blousing in back.

FWIW, the tailor I use usually charges about $18 to take in the sides and slim down the sleeves, which is what I usually have done.

im planning to wear it both ways actually

would it look bad if i asked for darts AND the sides?

zazaza

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES

mine did, but i heeded advice and sized down one. its cotton so while it stretches it can tighten up with a hot wash. im really happy with it

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
God Damn It! I got the marled blazer in yesterday. I decided to go with the L this time since everything in the XL looked like it was made for an offensive lineman (I'm more of a linebacker). Now, the blazer is too snug in the chest and shoulders. I really wish they'd get their **** straight finally.

rickgrimes10

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
God Damn It! I got the marled blazer in yesterday. I decided to go with the L this time since everything in the XL looked like it was made for an offensive lineman (I'm more of a linebacker). Now, the blazer is too snug in the chest and shoulders. I really wish they'd get their **** straight finally.
I got the marled blazer in a small, and it was tight around the waist. My small heritage poplin shirt from the spring/summer season was fine around the waist. So I know I couldn't have a gotten a belly after Thanksgiving. It doesn't make sense for the blazer to be tighter in the waist than the shirt. I'm gonna give a medium a try. On the bright side, the blazer does look good and seems well-made.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads