• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Winter boots that aren't ugly

StanleyVanBuren

Thumb Raider
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AR_Six
Realistically, though, I think I'd wear any boot in snow. I mean they're boots, getting beat up is what they're meant for in my estimation. If I get Augusta / CCP / Guidi I'm wearing the **** out of them in the snow. Especially if they're cordovan.

This.

StanleyVanBuren

Thumb Raider
Reaction score
Originally Posted by asdf
As a side note, I find much humour in the "Oh hai guyz, I'm going to tahoe for a weekend do you think these sorel antarctic expedition boots will be okay?" threads.

eeeeeyup. half the people in tahoe are just trouncing around in ****** beat-up new balance sneakers. just like anywhere else.

a tahoe local once told me the surefire way to spot any non-local: (1) they're not driving a toyota or subaru; (2) there is any element in their clothing that emphasizes form over functionality.

hboogz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by KitAkira
Jealous? I know I am

Not Jealous at all. Just because i find it curious has no real relevance anywhere else. props bro.

OP: The Cavali's seem to match your style and needs pretty well.

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
didnt they have a caribou edition last year?...something like $400
looks like they upped themselves.
next year...

Embargo63

Reaction score
I can't believe no one has mentioned these but what about a fresh pair of Timberlands?

I for one believe they qualify as good in the snow/ice/slush and still look solid. Last I checked Zappos, most can be had at under $175 and you could probably have your free and clear pick of the lot at under $300.

I guess this might be where the subjectivity of "looking solid" gets argued, though. Any of you true winter guys have any experience with Tims in the ice, salt, and snow?

- E63

Find Finn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
You are going to get wet feet wearing a pair timberlands in the snow, I had to use snoseal on mine, to get them water resistant.

After snoseal they work as a treat in 10cm snow and -15c weather, I just wear a thick sock for warmth.

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Embargo63
I can't believe no one has mentioned these but what about a fresh pair of Timberlands?

I for one believe they qualify as good in the snow/ice/slush and still look solid. Last I checked Zappos, most can be had at under $175 and you could probably have your free and clear pick of the lot at under $300.

I guess this might be where the subjectivity of "looking solid" gets argued, though. Any of you true winter guys have any experience with Tims in the ice, salt, and snow?

- E63

Timbs are pitifully ******

canstyleace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Unc, go check out the designer sale at mtl hr, here they had 2-3 boots that kinda fit your style/look and they're all on sale between 250-400, there was some nice prada pull on with comando type sole, some dsquared lace up mid boot also with comando type sole and 1 or 2 other types that might work for you.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads