• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

J Crew Fall/Winter 2010 Discussion

m.gway

Reaction score
I could have sworn I saw Fjallraven coats on the J.Crew website. I don't see anything now... Am I going crazy?

fiestaplatypus

Reaction score
Originally Posted by m.gway
I could have sworn I saw Fjallraven coats on the J.Crew website. I don't see anything now... Am I going crazy?

They probably took them down along with many of the other collabs for the sale.

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
"This is huge"

whoever is doing the marketing in the emails need to be let go.

Bond111

Reaction score
Does anyone own the Red Wing rugged classic boot in dark wood? Checking to see if they fit true to size. Kinda up in the air between these and the Red Wing Beckman boots. Opinions?

Need something to replace my old Docs from 7+ years ago.

toade

Reaction score
No one has mentioned it yet, so just so everyone is aware... Jcrew is currently running 25% off when you spend $150 or more, and 30% off when you spend $250+. Free shipping and promotion also applies to sale items.

loreley

Reaction score
Sorry if this has been covered, but if anyone has one of jcrews "Slim fit" collared shirts in XS, can you take a measurement of pit to pit, shoulder, and neck to hem? THANKS!~

adambz

Reaction score
Originally Posted by loreley
Sorry if this has been covered, but if anyone has one of jcrews "Slim fit" collared shirts in XS, can you take a measurement of pit to pit, shoulder, and neck to hem? THANKS!~
J. Crew will give you these measurements if you email them.

madmadigan

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bond111
Does anyone own the Red Wing rugged classic boot in dark wood? Checking to see if they fit true to size. Kinda up in the air between these and the Red Wing Beckman boots. Opinions?

Need something to replace my old Docs from 7+ years ago.

I have owned the RW rugged classic in dark wood.

I would go TTS

I wear an 11.5 in most shoes, I ended up sizing down .5 in the rugged classic with a size 11, and had to sell them because my toe hit the front a little.

So yeah, stay TTS. You might notice it feels a tad loose or whatnot around the heel, making you think you should size down but you'll end up with the toe area too small.

And after a week or two of wear, they will start molding to your foot and fit great.

My .02 cents.

dsoren

Reaction score
Alright fellow J. Crew fans, I need some sizing advice. I bought two J. Crew sweaters recently, and I usually wear a small in their stuff. However, I have had several small cotton-cashmere sweaters and wool cardigans stretch out way too much, so I decided to size down this time around. Pictures can be found in the thread linked below. Let me know what you guys think, especially if anyone has any experience with stretching on either of these particular items.

http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=212231

dave333

Reaction score
Second looks fine to me, the first one is a bit off though.

loreley

Reaction score
Hopefully this helps some people out:

The fit for our Secret Wash and flannel shirts are universal. The measurements you're looking for are below.

Hope this helps.

-Jack

POINTS OF MEASURE
XS
Center Back Length
Center Front Length from Neck Seam
Across Shoulders
Chest Circumference
Waist Circumference

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads