• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

niidawg3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MBreinin
SP-2.JPG

this is a pretty nice fit Mike ... i particularly like the colors you used. armholes a little too high, length a touch long and the buttoning point could be a little wider to compensate for your chest, but it is a REALLY nice suit. who makes it? surprised its not Polo.

Originally Posted by oldog/oldtrix

hell yeah!!! king of color matching - no competition there.

wish you'd just work on your fit too. this is jacket is a little too long and not well shaped.

Originally Posted by Holdfast
The fit on this is really good (though personally I prefer you in a little more shoulder structure, though I know that's not a widely shared opinion). However the colours don't flatter you IMO; all a bit "muddy" against your complexion. I think you look much better in "cleaner" colours.

thanks C - its particularly evident when the scarf covers the tie. I figured the tie provides a little contrast, but that is one of the reasons this suit doesnt get a lot of wear ... too close to my natural color.

Originally Posted by someotherstyle

way to play the vest SoS. It really pulls everything together.

Originally Posted by JPQ
Blurry Thursday
WAYWRN101202.jpg

tartan ... yay!! cant wait to bring em out!!

Originally Posted by dress2kill
Shoes??

lol ... for a second i was like am i on the wrong page? way to necro-post man.

shoes are by PRL

Originally Posted by IST66

agree with Trini on this. a bolder tie would set the patterns right. the suit is lovely though.

oldog/oldtrix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oldog, your sense of color and pattern matching is miles above just about everyone else here. I will never be able to do that.

Mike

Yes you can. (And thanks.)

niidawg3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oldog, your sense of color and pattern matching is miles above just about everyone else here. I will never be able to do that.

Its doable. Doesnt come overnight - but i think studying people like oldog and opening up to various color choices makes it possible.

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by niidawg3
this is a pretty nice fit Mike ... armholes a little too high, length a touch long and the buttoning point could be a little wider to compensate for your chest, but it is a REALLY nice suit. who makes it? surprised its not Polo.

It is Sartoria Partenopea. The armholes don't feel tight, and don't always bunch around the pit like that. Of course, they did it in the pic. Never fails. This is why I prefer to take the pics inside, with the mirror behind the camera. I can see the screen and what is going to be shot, and make corrections. Outside, it is a crap shoot, but the light is superior.

Mike

someotherstyle

Reaction score
Originally Posted by gregaz
Looks much better on you, but still may be too long ...

Disagree - this is the best I think I've seen Mike look - proportions are nice.

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
thanks C - its particularly evident when the scarf covers the tie. I figured the tie provides a little contrast, but that is one of the reasons this suit doesnt get a lot of wear ... too close to my natural color.
Yes, exactly so. Personally, I've learned the hard way that much as I like charcoal grey, it does me no favours, esp. compared to navy. It's not awful, more neutral, but navy works much better for a sober colour, and light grey for less serious items. I have the same problem with some "soft-tone" colours eg a sage-green shirt I have that really doesn't work against my skin colour. Oh well...
Thanks HF. It had more overlap when I got it....but it had a pull at the buttoning point. Tailor rearranged the buttons. I am not 100% satisfied with the outcome, but I do love the suit.
Ah, that makes sense. Yes, a good compromise.
That coat is killer, just killer.
Thanks!
Originally Posted by Vecna
Love the coat HF, great combination with the scarf. I don't see many full body coats around here. Hopefully we'll see more as we delve deeper into the winter.
Thanks! It's certainly been cold enough to justify wearing it quite a bit recently!
cold[1].gif

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by someotherstyle
Disagree - this is the best I think I've seen Mike look - proportions are nice.

Thanks! That means a lot to me, since your fist are always spot on.

Mike

p.s. since I have worn this for the last few hours it has started to relax. That bunching around the armholes is totally gone. Brand new suit and in a very light and soft flannel...I expect it to improve.

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Its doable. Doesnt come overnight - but i think studying people like oldog and opening up to various color choices makes it possible.

That is true...but I just don't see color like he does. And, his abilities to put patterns together without it coming out like a trainwreck just amazes me. I have come a long way through observation, suggestions and trial and error...but I am a greenhorn. The dude is a master.

Mike

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
This is not Polo.
lol8[1].gif

This looks great, Mike. I think it's my favorite of all your posts. The subtle pattern combining is excellent. Enjoy the new suit.

Originally Posted by TC (Houston)

Cuffs, TC!?
smile.gif

Looking great. I like the rocker hair, too.

niidawg3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TC (Houston)

gorgeous blazer TC.

It is Sartoria Partenopea.

you get what you pay for
smile.gif
SP is money!!

Originally Posted by edmorel
LOL, I love it when non inner circle members don't get the memo for the days colors. today was brown sportcoat, red/burgundy shirt/dark tie/charcoal pants day noobz!!! Senior circuit members, please check with TC for today's memo.

arguably your best photo taking efforts to date
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

nice fit as usual Ed. is the scarf a panta?

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Parker
This looks great, Mike. I think it's my favorite of all your posts. The subtle pattern combining is excellent. Enjoy the new suit.

Thanks, Parker.

you get what you pay for
smile.gif
SP is money!!

Yes, it is. It is so comfortable...like wearing PJs.
lol8[1].gif
Based on this one, I ordered another one.

Still, it is going back for tweaks. There is still a little pull which is being caused by button position. On the next one, he will not be permitted to move the buttons. I regret allowing that "fix."

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics