• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Top Chef All Stars

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton
Sort of pointlessly dickish.

I mean he is great and all but imagine if he had to face that line-up rather than a typical season with a good helping of third-raters. How does he know he would have won?

Not very nice to his brother either.

Yeah, what an ass. Of the best contestants in the Vegas season (him, his brother, Jennifer, and Kevin), he was by far the worst personality-wise.

ToruOkada

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i think he just chose his words poorly. he posted later about how he didn't mean to disrespect the contestants but was just responding to questions about why he wasn't participating.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ToruOkada
i think he just chose his words poorly. he posted later about how he didn't mean to disrespect the contestants but was just responding to questions about why he wasn't participating.

Why would there be a question about why he wasn't participating? The whole premise of the show is "people who came close but didn't win."

pickpackpockpuck

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think Angelo and Richard (or as I always think of him, fauxhawk guy) are the frontrunners. Angelo's cooking probably appeals to me the most. I was happy to see him win the first challenge. I was hoping Kevin and Stefan would be around since both were great chefs and were a lot of fun to watch. Didn't watch Elia's season so this was basically my first introduction to her. Real cute. Sad she's out already.

StephenHero

Black Floridian
Reaction score
She's a snobbish little *****. "Don't eliminate me. I mean it. Bla bla bla." The look Tom and Gail had were priceless.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Originally Posted by StephenHero
She's a snobbish little *****. "Don't eliminate me. I mean it. Bla bla bla." The look Tom and Gail had were priceless.

I didn't take it that way. I thought it was more of plea.

Tom and Gail have asked other contestants before "Why shouldn't we eliminate you?" a question is elicits a similar plea.

Hombre Secreto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pickpackpockpuck
I think Angelo and Richard (or as I always think of him, fauxhawk guy) are the frontrunners. Angelo's cooking probably appeals to me the most. I was happy to see him win the first challenge. I was hoping Kevin and Stefan would be around since both were great chefs and were a lot of fun to watch. Didn't watch Elia's season so this was basically my first introduction to her. Real cute. Sad she's out already.

That dude is one of my former Chefs. He's the kind of Chef that will take a walk in and throw them to the wolves just to see what they're made of. He'll give anyone a chance in his kitchens.

I didn't even know he was on Top Chef, because I never heard him talk about it or BOH. Can't speak for FOH, but BOH is loyal as **** to him. He truly is loved by his crews.

ToruOkada

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why would there be a question about why he wasn't participating? The whole premise of the show is "people who came close but didn't win."
because some ppl are idiots?

but also i think that's what he was talking about with the whole bit about how it should have been called "top chef runner-ups". top chef all stars doesn't make it that clear that its people who came close but didn't win.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Hombre Secreto
I didn't even know he was on Top Chef, because I never heard him talk about it or BOH. Can't speak for FOH, but BOH is loyal as **** to him. He truly is loved by his crews.

???

Hombre Secreto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

milosz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I still love her.

For the first half of her season, I thought she was the strongest competitor - then she broke down under the pressure, I guess.

Plus she worked for Eric Ripert, who's my favorite celebrity chef.

pickpackpockpuck

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's funny because Stefan got kind of a reputation as a dick during his season. He seemed a little arrogant initially. But over the course of the show it seemed more and more that he wasn't really being arrogant as much as that he didn't bullshit and didn't soften his opinions. Some friends of mine saw a bunch of the top chef contestants speak somewhere and they told me he seemed to be the coolest guy of the group. Whatever his personality, his food always looked good. Guy had skillz...

Originally Posted by Hombre Secreto
That dude is one of my former Chefs. He's the kind of Chef that will take a walk in and throw them to the wolves just to see what they're made of. He'll give anyone a chance in his kitchens.

StephenHero

Black Floridian
Reaction score
I would like to see a season with these people.

Harold
Sam
Hung
Michael V.
Brian V.
Kevin
Kevin
Angelo
Stefan
Richard
Dale
Stephanie

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads