• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

bleachboy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by IST66
...Picture...

Fuckin' A, dude.

Originally Posted by SpooPoker
...Lots of pics...

I love this sportcoat fabric, but the peak lapels and patch pockets are making my head asplode.

2010-12-02a.jpg

2010-12-02b.jpg

2010-12-02c.jpg

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
12-1-1-1.jpg

I normally like your combos but the pattern of your tie is too similar to the pattern of the jacket.

Sander

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
kcc;3857554 said:
Originally Posted by bleachboy
Great look! And yeah, that sportcoat rocks. I personally think the waist supression looks great.

I love these big Italian collars of yours. This look is grossly lacking in green and orange, however.

2010-12-01a.jpg

I like everything about this look except the neckwear.

Haven't looked at this thread for some time and... wow. You've come a long way. Congrats!

D Yizz

Reaction score
Originally Posted by niidawg3
DY - something with the proportions. Seems like the jacket is either too long or the pants is too short. Can't put my finger on it, but the proportions are off to my eye(s).
Thanks, Nii. I am always battling with damn proportions. Yesterday was the first time I wore those pants. As soon as I put them on, I felt they need about .5 to an inch of lengthening. I am conscious my coats always seem a tad long and I need to work with that, but that's the best I can do with OTR due to my freaking body proportions. Otherwise, they'll be too tight or the vents will flap out madly. I am convinced my solution is going MTM, and that is my New Years resolution. I've got a substantial part of my Christmas bonus reserved for that!!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Something about this seems a bit off to me, D. - not feeling the ticket pocket on the SC - feels almost like a broken suit. - you have an extremely athletic figure, especially your thighs, and those tight pants with narrow bottoms and big cuffs, paired with chunky shoes does not work IMO.
Thanks, Spoo. Curiously, I always get complimented on that SC. Sure, over here 99% of the people see it as something out of the box. Regarding the pants, they're Mabis and I only had them adjusted at the waist and hem. No alterations on the width. I even felt them a lil' wide on the knee area and definitely not tight on the thighs as other pants I own. Maybe its my pose. I concur the cuffs don't look too good, especially with the shoes. I thought they'd pair well. Anyway, these, along with another pair of pants I wore last week (with the same coat) are my first attempt at cuffs, and I'm just new to chunkier shoes, so I'm experimenting and trying different things out.
Originally Posted by spoozy
Like.
Thanks, Spoozy.

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
23891853.jpg

LOL. Glad to see we are tuned in to the same frequency today. Love this SC, always have.

Mike

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is not Polo.
lol8[1].gif

Sorry for the not fully cinched knot and the collar tip that got away. I would have fixed this if I knew.

Have a great day.

SP-1.JPG

SP-2.JPG

SP-3.JPG

Mike

D Yizz

Reaction score
23891853.jpg

The peak lapels paired with patch pockets seem strange to my eyes, but I still like it very much. I need more patched sc's!

gregaz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MBreinin
This is not Polo.
lol8[1].gif

Looks much better on you, but still may be too long ...
Originally Posted by TRINI
I normally like your combos but the pattern of your tie is too similar to the pattern of the jacket.
+1 IST - The B&W Photo look GREAT. You should really try to have a full body shot - I really miss those when you don't post them.

Vecna

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Spoopoker
nice to see a fellow Islander! 516/631?
631, I live on the north shore, eastern side of the island (Port Jeff area). I have yet to visit our thrifts stores, but plan on doing so soon.

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by niidawg3
The fit on this is really good (though personally I prefer you in a little more shoulder structure, though I know that's not a widely shared opinion). However the colours don't flatter you IMO; all a bit "muddy" against your complexion. I think you look much better in "cleaner" colours.
Originally Posted by MrChris
Bruuns Bazaar...the collar/shawl is wider than it appears, it's not folded as much as it can be in the pictures.
Thanks. It's cool.
Originally Posted by DocHolliday
That jacket fabric is delicious.
Originally Posted by someotherstyle
The green is a nice contrast against the grey.
12-1.jpg
[/center]

Cool bit of outerwear; enter it into this weeks contest!
I really like the unusual combination of peak lapels and patch pockets, though I think a fraction more length to the jacket would balance things out nicely.
Originally Posted by KtownGreg
I think you're right to flag up that this doesn't flatter you in the way some of your other gear does. I also think it's good to have a range of bodyshapes posting in this thread as different looks work well on different physiques.
Originally Posted by MBreinin
Lovely suit. Fabric and fit are pretty good and the combo today is good too. I think a slightly wider overlap on the DB would be ideal, but you can't always get everything in RTW (and often, not even in MTM or bespoke!), and it's a good compromise. Cold, cold day. Got a second light dusting of snow overnight... ... plus, last wearing of these old boots. They finally reached the end of useful life and were binned when I got back home when I realised the sole and insole have both completely given way and fixing won't be economical. Luckily I have a new pair of boots on order already! Spoo - I don't know if I'm going out tomorrow, so if not, consider this my entry to this week's outerwear contest, if an early entry is within the rules!
smile.gif
dec02006.jpg

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Very nice sweater, Holdfast, texture and colour. May I ask what it is?

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by D Yizz
Like!!

Thanks, Yizz.

Originally Posted by gregaz
Looks much better on you, but still may be too long ...

When you are caught between a 40 and a 42 and you are 5 foot 9....sometimes things wind up a tad long. Just how it is. I think this is well within an acceptable range and doesn't stunt my height.

Originally Posted by Holdfast

Lovely suit. Fabric and fit are pretty good and the combo today is good too. I think a slightly wider overlap on the DB would be ideal, but you can't always get everything in RTW (and often, not even in MTM or bespoke!), and it's a good compromise.

Cold, cold day. Got a second light dusting of snow overnight...

Spoo - I don't know if I'm going out tomorrow, so if not, consider this my entry to this week's outerwear contest, if an early entry is within the rules!
smile.gif

dec02006.jpg

Thanks HF. It had more overlap when I got it....but it had a pull at the buttoning point. Tailor rearranged the buttons. I am not 100% satisfied with the outcome, but I do love the suit.

That coat is killer, just killer.

Oldog, your sense of color and pattern matching is miles above just about everyone else here. I will never be able to do that.

Mike

Vecna

Reaction score
Love the coat HF, great combination with the scarf. I don't see many full body coats around here. Hopefully we'll see more as we delve deeper into the winter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads