• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

thecentennial

Reaction score
OK, so I have a pair of Tod's loafers, nice shoes, uber comfy..they are not drivers so I am expected to walk in them.

My question is, can the famous Tod's dimpled rubber soles be replaced once worn? For expensive shoes you would think this would be an option..has anyone shipped theirs back to Tod's for repair?

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
repair? they arent damaged. they are worn down.

thecentennial

Reaction score
My question is, once they are worn down completely, can the soles be replaced?

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bigt

No clue. Never tried and I have several pairs(loafers and dressier loafer/shoes.) I will take the abopve poster at their word...

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
No. Tod's shoes cannot be re-soled. Their construction does not, and is not intended to, allow for it. Sorry to say you must go purchase new ones.

narcissism

Reaction score
Originally Posted by narcissism
No. Tod's suck.

I should have been more articulate in my criticism of Tod's. These kind of shoes are not meant for the elements, such as walking outside on concrete or any surface for that matter. The little nubs on the sole wear down very quickly and cannot be replaced. Therefore its frustrating to pay $300 + for shoes that you won't get adequate use out of. Go for driving moccasins with solid rubber soles. The Car Shoe by Prada makes nice ones.

Son Of Saphir

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
OK, so I have a pair of Tod's loafers, nice shoes, uber comfy..they are not drivers so I am expected to walk in them.

My question is, can the famous Tod's dimpled rubber soles be replaced once worn? For expensive shoes you would think this would be an option..has anyone shipped theirs back to Tod's for repair?

lt hard to say.
Taking sole off can negative effect upper because it glued to sole and then blake stitch.
lf sole can be detach from upper proper it could be possible by good repair man.

godofcoffee

Reaction score
Originally Posted by narcissism
I should have been more articulate in my criticism of Tod's. These kind of shoes are not meant for the elements, such as walking outside on concrete or any surface for that matter. The little nubs on the sole wear down very quickly and cannot be replaced. Therefore its frustrating to pay $300 + for shoes that you won't get adequate use out of. Go for driving moccasins with solid rubber soles. The Car Shoe by Prada makes nice ones.

Yeah, Tod's don't really make sense for walking around. Although that's sort of built into the idea of a driving shoe, no?

Jangofett

Reaction score

If you are referring to the ball like or bar like rubber soles at the bottom, the answer is no.

I made a mistake of doing it at a cobbler once. They cut off the bottom and stick a new big piece of rubber sole. It looked awful. Now, I buy these mocs or walking shoes knowing full well this is going to happen. If you dont like it, you just have to find one with a leather sole.

I later went to ask the SA - can the brand actually repair it for me? They referred me to the cobbler.

Icarus

Reaction score
That's a good one.

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
One more reason to buy the BB version for around $100 and replace said shoe as necessary.

bellyhungry

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a pair of Tod's and find its support like that of a pair of slipper. They are absolutely if I am on my feet more than a couple of hours.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads