• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

think i am done with the sauce

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
laugh.gif

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
well, been on trt for 2 weeks. though when doc gave me blood results prior to me starting but after he wrote me script, the blood jump was from 74 to 578. will find out what i am at next week.

MarcDominic

Reaction score
Been hitting a bit of a plateau so I've been on the fence about getting on the sauce myself for the past couple months. I think this thread may have talked me out of it. I just haven't really heard any horror stories, and it seems like everyone is on it and it's just so normal to take it.

Best of luck to ya though.

not_a_virus.exe

Reaction score
reason why i don't get on the "sauce":

1. you don't need drugs to look amazing. men on average wayyyyy overestimate how much muscle they need to attract women by 30 pounds. 30 pounds of muscle is an incredible amount. the ideal male body should be naturally attainable (however, if you have a ridiculously low waist-to-height ratio, you should still be able to attain these proportions but you may not be able to attain your ideal body size).

2. the gains you get while on the "sauce" are maintained only through continued drug use. there is no muscle memory unlike the gains you get while you are natural.

so let's say you don't want to get too big (because while you may impress other dudes, women find this repulsive) so you use drugs to get to your ideal size and proportions. well, once you get off the sauce and shrink back, you won't be able to quickly grow back naturally.

however, it's always funny to know that you'll grow more muscle sitting around doing nothing while on the "sauce" than someone who works out religiously drug-free lol.

not_a_virus.exe

Reaction score
Originally Posted by MarcDominic
Been hitting a bit of a plateau so I've been on the fence about getting on the sauce myself for the past couple months. I think this thread may have talked me out of it. I just haven't really heard any horror stories, and it seems like everyone is on it and it's just so normal to take it. Best of luck to ya though.
1. plateaus are part of the process. muscle growth tends to occur in "spurts" or "waves." stick with it. 2. if you haven't been changing up your routines, that would be the cause of your plateau. 3. if your form sucks, you will likely not experience gains. 4. if you already have attained ideal male proportions and size (and you have six-pack body fat levels), it's likely you've already reached your genetic potential. the ideal male proportions is a shoulder-to-waist ratio of 1.62. one can reach 90% of his muscle growth potential with a good program in 1-2 years while the last 10% can take ten or more years.

MarcDominic

Reaction score
Originally Posted by not_a_virus.exe
1. plateaus are part of the process. muscle growth tends to occur in "spurts" or "waves." stick with it.

2. if you haven't been changing up your routines, that would be the cause of your plateau.

3. if your form sucks, you will likely not experience gains.

4. if you already have attained ideal male proportions and size (and you have six-pack body fat levels), it's likely you've already reached your genetic potential. the ideal male proportions is a shoulder-to-waist ratio of 1.62.

one can reach 90% of his muscle growth potential with a good program in 1-2 years while the last 10% can take ten or more years.

Yeah i figure I need to change up my routine and/or eat more. Form is fine, or at least good enough to get me to where I am now. While I definitely don't think I'm at my genetic peak, yeah, I figure part of it is just that my progress slowing down. My shoulder to waist ratio is almost 1.6 (54:34) but nowhere near a six pack.

hastur

Reaction score
2. the gains you get while on the "sauce" are maintained only through continued drug use. there is no muscle memory unlike the gains you get while you are natural.

so let's say you don't want to get too big (because while you may impress other dudes, women find this repulsive) so you use drugs to get to your ideal size and proportions. well, once you get off the sauce and shrink back, you won't be able to quickly grow back naturally.

however, it's always funny to know that you'll grow more muscle sitting around doing nothing while on the "sauce" than someone who works out religiously drug-free lol.

this isn't true at all

suited

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
reason why i don't get on the "sauce": 1. you don't need drugs to look amazing. men on average wayyyyy overestimate how much muscle they need to attract women by 30 pounds. 30 pounds of muscle is an incredible amount. the ideal male body should be naturally attainable (however, if you have a ridiculously low waist-to-height ratio, you should still be able to attain these proportions but you may not be able to attain your ideal body size). 2. the gains you get while on the "sauce" are maintained only through continued drug use. there is no muscle memory unlike the gains you get while you are natural. so let's say you don't want to get too big (because while you may impress other dudes, women find this repulsive) so you use drugs to get to your ideal size and proportions. well, once you get off the sauce and shrink back, you won't be able to quickly grow back naturally. however, it's always funny to know that you'll grow more muscle sitting around doing nothing while on the "sauce" than someone who works out religiously drug-free lol.
The only way the gains attained while on anabolic steroids are not sustainable is if you use the drugs you push yourself beyond your natural limits. Also, you're going to drop quite a bit of water weight, dependent on drug selection, when you come off, which inevitably makes one look smaller. Given that your natural test may drop off before it recovers post cycle, you do stand to lose some muscle during this process - but it can be minimized. Strength loss is however virtually unavoidable. The part in bold is the dumbest thing I've ever read in H&B forum, and is something you always hear from people who are clueless.

Prada_Ferragamo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MarcDominic
Yeah i figure I need to change up my routine and/or eat more. Form is fine, or at least good enough to get me to where I am now. While I definitely don't think I'm at my genetic peak, yeah, I figure part of it is just that my progress slowing down. My shoulder to waist ratio is almost 1.6 (54:34) but nowhere near a six pack.

I call BS on this. No way you have a 54 inch shoulder.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^i dunno, my shoulders are over 52 around; it is definitely possible

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads