• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

graciefighter

Reaction score
Originally Posted by tomorrowstars
I'm teetering on the fence about these. I'm a skinny guy that wears skinny jeans and am afraid these will make my feet look monstrous (Yes, I know the skinny jeans problem has been addressed but my concerns remain).
My Clarks DBs are slowly falling apart and I'm looking for something a bit more robust to replace them. I usually wear them with levis 511s or 510s rolled up, has anyone successfully pulled off this look with the Katahdins? How much chunkier is the profile of the Katahdins compared to DBs?
Thanks for everyone's past and future contributions.

I have the Clarks DBs and had the Katahdin boots and the Katahdin boots weren't much chunkier than the DBs except for the soles which stick out all the way around. The DBs are flatter and wider looking while the Katahdins are narrower and taller.

lordgold

Reaction score
Stopped by the Bean outlet by my parent's house, and they had a pair of Katahdin's for $75. If only they were 11 instead of 11.5.

G0079

Reaction score
Originally Posted by tomorrowstars
I'm teetering on the fence about these. I'm a skinny guy that wears skinny jeans and am afraid these will make my feet look monstrous (Yes, I know the skinny jeans problem has been addressed but my concerns remain). My Clarks DBs are slowly falling apart and I'm looking for something a bit more robust to replace them. I usually wear them with levis 511s or 510s rolled up, has anyone successfully pulled off this look with the Katahdins? How much chunkier is the profile of the Katahdins compared to DBs? Thanks for everyone's past and future contributions.
RcjjS.jpg
cHNPv.jpg
SvKdG.jpg
nhU0q.jpg
Here's the Katahdin vs. J Shoe's DB (same profile as the Clarks I guess) Jeans are APC NS in sz 30, so 7.5" hem according to context clothing's charts. Now here are some serious painted on jeans...I think I tapered them down to 6 inches. In this case, I think the Katahdins are starting to look a little silly, but nothing you couldn't pull off.
5266e.jpg
OfZVc.jpg

graciefighter

Reaction score
Originally Posted by changy
I initially ordered a size 9 but it was a tad large, so i ordered an 8.5. After i got the 8.5 i compared it to the 9 which i held on to and i noticed that the 8.5 has a more protruding sole. Just wondering for those of you who have the shoes, what are yours like.

In this picture, the left foot is 9, right foot is 8.5.

img00042201011022249.jpg

The boots I got looked like the one on the right and just didn't look right to me so I returned them.
Changy- Did you happen to get 8.5 in EE width and the 9 in D? I'm wondering if Chippewa just uses the next size up for the soles on wide widths.

Ahriman4891

Reaction score
I have 8.5 EE and they look like Changy's right boot, so your theory about using the next size sole for wides could be correct. I like the look of the prominent sole though.

Thantos

Reaction score
Ugh...so I want these boots cause I need a pair for the winter...but now it says they are out of stock on my size (12D), until March 21st.

Is there anywhere else where I can purchase these besides L.L. Beans Website? I live in Minnesota, so No L.L.. bean stores anywhere.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Thantos
Ugh...so I want these boots cause I need a pair for the winter...but now it says they are out of stock on my size (12D), until March 21st.

Is there anywhere else where I can purchase these besides L.L. Beans Website? I live in Minnesota, so No L.L.. bean stores anywhere.

You could saunter on over to one of the several red wing stores that exist in MN and grab the very similar red wing boots (the ones that j.crew was selling). They cost more...but I bet they have them in your size
smile.gif

altemp

Reaction score
8.5 in clarks db, 9 in purcells and 9.5 in most sneakers... am I looking at an 8.5 or a 9? Reason I ask is I can get 8.5 brand new from the site or take a chance on 9s from here for much cheaper. I can also generally size down on shoes because my feet are very narrow but a bit long if that makes a difference.

I know people generally say down .5 but I'd like to make sure.

calloyaddy

Reaction score
IME, these run true to size. I wear a 9.5 in Clarks db and wear the Katahdins in 10 with no problems. Fit is great.

ArsenalDan

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bare bodkin
LL Bean site has 10.5's now, get em fast.

Look closely...available yes, but right to the Quantity it says "Avail. Mar. 28"

bare bodkin

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ArsenalDan
Look closely...available yes, but right to the Quantity it says "Avail. Mar. 28"

Aw ****, can't believe I missed that. Thanks for the correction.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads