• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New York City for New Years Eve

premo

Reaction score
I'm looking to plan a little weekend getaway with my girl for NYE and I'd like to be in NYC. Does anyone have any hotel recommendations and/or other alternatives?

Thanks

changy

Reaction score
stay away from time square and the ball drop. actually, you should just stay away from ny when its new years. the clubs are expensive and crowded, the restaurants overcharge you for pre fixe, total **** show in general.

Axelman 17

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by changy
stay away from time square and the ball drop. actually, you should just stay away from ny when its new years. the clubs are expensive and crowded, the restaurants overcharge you for pre fixe, total **** show in general.

+1, I would avoid NYC for New Years

fredfred

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by premo
I'm looking to plan a little weekend getaway with my girl for NYE and I'd like to be in NYC. Does anyone have any hotel recommendations and/or other alternatives?

Thanks

use the search function. asked and answered previous years...

D Yizz

Reaction score
What about the week after? Do they remove all Christmas decorations immediately? I was planning to go on January.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Axelman 17
+2. So would I. When I'm there for Christmas I stay no longer than the 28th, and will do that this year. Also, hotel rates increase substantially starting on the 27th or 28th.

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It ******* sucks.

CouttsClient

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Axelman 17
+3 Unlike my friends who've decided to deal with NYC I'll be on my way to Paris on the 28th of Dec

changy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by CouttsClient
+3

Unlike my friends who've decided to deal with NYC I'll be on my way to Paris on the 28th of Dec

+1. Take the missus to Paris or even Quebec City, I'm sure she'll love it.

P.S. This is SF group think at its best, lets just keep +1 each other.

rapdancin

Reaction score
they do a good job of showing the 100 or so people having a good time on nye on tv though

everyone else is miserable

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by D Yizz
What about the week after? Do they remove all Christmas decorations immediately? I was planning to go on January.

Rock Ctr tree comes down on Jan 2 I believe. If you have NOT ever been to nYc...I say go for it. But don't stay anywhere near Times Sq and be prepared to drop some coin!
But in general..it is a $hit show!

premo

Reaction score
Cool, I got what I wanted from this thread. Thanks.

lee_44106

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you've never been to NYC for New Year Eve, it's a must.

Like others said, the overall experience is crowd, crowd and more crowd and being ripped off left and right.

But at least you can say "been there, done that" in the future.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lee_44106

Like others said, the overall experience is crowd, crowd and more crowd and being ripped off left and right.

+1.....

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lee_44106

It's a must if you're from Alabama. If you have been to any major city and dislike crowds, tourists and freezing weather all at once, why torture yourself? I've never done NYC on new years and have no plans to but if I did, it'll only be because I was invited to some kick ass house parties or exclusive bars/clubs. Otherwise I'll stick around what I know and focus on getting shitfaced and staying warm.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads