• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

"SF Approved" Items You Can't Get Behind

bleachboy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MBreinin
Only go if you have a strong constitution. You, me and Spoo are regulars in that thread, and it is very ugly. The guys over there are douchebags of the highest order.

Wow, you ain't kidding.

reidrothchild

Reaction score
Originally Posted by lee_44106
So you are obese (can't do Mabitex) and unimaginative when it comes to dressing (avoid "Loud" patterns and Paisley ties)?
confused.gif

Someone always seems to accuse any Mabitex detractors of being obese. I would think it more likely that any adult male who can fit into pants with an eight and a half inch rise and/or leg opening has never seen the inside of a weight room or played contact sports before. Every individual larger than you is not necessarily fat, you know. Some of us maintain additional functions for our bodies outside of dressing up. Perhaps the OP is one such individual.

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by reidrothchild
Someone always seems to accuse any Mabitex detractors of being obese. I would think it more likely that any adult male who can fit into pants with an eight and a half inch drop and/or leg opening has never seen the inside of a weight room or played contact sports before. Every individual larger than you is not necessarily fat, you know. Some of us maintain additional functions for our bodies outside of dressing up. Perhaps the OP is one such individual.

I can fit into them easily. They're still awkwardly cut.

Joenobody0

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kaplan
Wingtips with the U shaped brouging instead of the W shape (what are they called?).

I agree. They're horrible.

reidrothchild

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jrd617
I can fit into them easily. They're still awkwardly cut.

I don't want to make the same mistake lee did by saying any man who can pull off Mabitex in a business environment is some 90 pound weakling. I presume most Mabitex models are cut with a fairly specific body type in mind, and that's great if they work for you. I'm just puzzled by the need to attack any person who isn't really feeling Mabitex for whatever reason by claiming they must just be too fat to pull it off. No offense intended to those who wear and enjoy Mabitex. More of a question to those who resort to ad hominem attacks on those with opposing viewpoints regarding Mabitex or any other super slim fitting men's clothing.

F. Corbera

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by George
No, its the door policy.

The doormen have thrown a few out.

Some of them linger at the pub in the alley down at the end of the street, the one in which most drink cocktails that are one half aromatic bitters.

George

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by F. Corbera
The doormen have thrown a few out. Some of them linger at the pub in the alley down at the end of the street, the one in which most drink cocktails that are one half aromatic bitters.
...some use Tequila for the other half.

Johnny24

Reaction score
Originally Posted by reidrothchild
Someone always seems to accuse any Mabitex detractors of being obese. I would think it more likely that any adult male who can fit into pants with an eight and a half inch rise and/or leg opening has never seen the inside of a weight room or played contact sports before. Every individual larger than you is not necessarily fat, you know. Some of us maintain additional functions for our bodies outside of dressing up. Perhaps the OP is one such individual.
+100000000000 I love the construction of Mabitex pants in terms of material and how they put together but the fit is a bit waifish at times....I recently found a pile of them at Daffy's when I was in NYC and I excitedly tried on a few in my waist size and the next size up and I found that all of them were the same serial number and style but only one pair in my waist size (oddly enough) fit my legs and it was still pretty slim. I have very large and muscled legs from 20+ years of playing soccer at a very high level as well as engaging in various other demanding physical activities, and even though I should have an 7-8 inch drop from my 40 jacket size, I often have to buy odd pants in a 34-36 range and have them taken in to account for my legs. More often than not Mabitex and other slim fitting styles just don't work on me. I am in the same boat with casual wear, the slim jeans thing doesn't work with my legs. More often than not standard is too tight or very slim and relaxed straight looks like a slim fit on me.

F. Corbera

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by George
...some use Tequila for the other half.

It's cute when some of them stand out in the cold, staring in, runny noses against the plate glass.

Such pink cheeks!

George

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by F. Corbera
It's cute when some of them stand out in the cold, staring in, runny noses against the plate glass. Such pink cheeks!
Now, more gin...less bitters..
wink.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads