• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

StanleyVanBuren

Thumb Raider
Reaction score
Guys,

I highly, HIGHLY, recommend the charcoal flannel shirt.

Not only is the fabric super soft and luxurious, but the color is incredibly rich and must be seen in person to be fully appreciated. There are subtle hints of indigo if you look at it from the right angle that really give the fabric depth. I'm surprised there are any still left available.

kgmessier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by StanleyVanBuren
Guys, I highly, HIGHLY, recommend the charcoal flannel shirt. Not only is the fabric super soft and luxurious, but the color is incredibly rich and must be seen in person to be fully appreciated. There are subtle hints of indigo if you look at it from the right angle that really give the fabric depth. I'm surprised there are any still left available.
Agreed. I thought it would be a heavier weight and was surprised to find how light it is, but it's quite warm and soft. "Luxurious" is a good word.

ghdvfddzgzdzg

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yeah, my friend tried the charcoal flannel on in the LES shop and I was like "what is this made out of oh man." Kind of like the moleskin Walts which I tried on and do want to buy...someday. After I buy other Epaulet things.

We were in NYC, so I figured I'd better figure out what's up with Epaulet sizings and such. I tried on the rivet chinos and they slaughtered any pants I've ever put on, so now i need to figure out a color on those. I guess I'll wait to see the new colors.
and I'm buying the blackwatch sweater as soon as size 36 is back.

lpounds

Reaction score
Mike, I have a question about the Rivet Chino in Olive Drab vs the Rivet Chino in British Khaki.

I already have the Khaki and feel as if they are the absolute perfect cut and size for me in 33.

The website says to size down one for the Olive Drab, but it seems that according to the size charts, though the waist would fit sized down one, the rise would be a quarter inch shorter and the thigh and knee would be narrower by a quarter inch.

Khaki:
4617344197_2bed01712a_o.jpg

Olive Drab:
4821482256_ff8ec8dacc_o.jpg

If I want identical fit to my british khakis, would it make sense to get the 33s in the Olive Drab and have the waist taken in, or do you think the 32 will work?

Thanks

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ivar
OK, great, just what I was hoping for! I hope you don't mind my asking two additional questions:

1. Are the boots completely free of logos and the like? (I noticed that the shoes from the previous collab weren't.)

2. If I'm usually a UK size 10 (US 11), would you say that it's advisable to order a half size down, i.e. a US 10.5? I'm asking since you make the comparison with Clark's desert boots, which, from what I understand, run a half size big. If it's of any help, my left foot measures exactly 27.5 cm (about 10.8 inches) from heel to toe.

Yup, there's no external branding at all on this year's model. The only logo is on the inside heel pod.

And I'd recommend ordering the same size as your Desert Boots. Most customers find that they run true to dress shoe size. I would take a 10D in those and a 10D in the Thorogood no. 685 boot. I'd take a 9.5D in Alden Tru-Balance, Alden Barrie, and most Red Wings.

Guys,

Not only is the fabric super soft and luxurious, but the color is incredibly rich and must be seen in person to be fully appreciated. There are subtle hints of indigo if you look at it from the right angle that really give the fabric depth. I'm surprised there are any still left available.

Thanks - glad that you like it so much! And I ordered a ****-ton of these, that's why we still have them. It's one of the best shirting fabrics that I've ever seen.

Originally Posted by lpounds
Mike, I have a question about the Rivet Chino in Olive Drab vs the Rivet Chino in British Khaki.

I already have the Khaki and feel as if they are the absolute perfect cut and size for me in 33.

The website says to size down one for the Olive Drab, but it seems that according to the size charts, though the waist would fit sized down one, the rise would be a quarter inch shorter and the thigh and knee would be narrower by a quarter inch.

Khaki:
4617344197_2bed01712a_o.jpg

Olive Drab:
4821482256_ff8ec8dacc_o.jpg

If I want identical fit to my british khakis, would it make sense to get the 33s in the Olive Drab and have the waist taken in, or do you think the 32 will work?

Thanks

Hmm, unless you really like the ripstop element of this fabric, then I'd actually recommend waiting a week or two. We'll get a new delivery of Rivet Chinos, and there's a great Japanese Moss color. A bit paler than the OD, but a similar tone, and the fit will be one-to-one with our British Khaki.

StanleyVanBuren

Thumb Raider
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Epaulet
Thanks - glad that you like it so much! And I ordered a ****-ton of these, that's why we still have them. It's one of the best shirting fabrics that I've ever seen.

Makes way more sense. Good call!

I was starting to think all the other XS customers must have simply exhausted their annual clothing budgets.

PorterInjax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Guys,

How is the fit on these? I just ordered a small. I'm 5'9 1/2" and about 155#'s.

LPatterson

Reaction score
Guys,

Funny timing. I just placed an order for one of these.

StanleyVanBuren

Thumb Raider
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PorterInjax

Well if you're me then the fit is ******* great as I'm a near-dead-on match for the measurements of the XS. But unfortunately for you, you aren't me. So your results may vary.

Check the measurements on the site as compared to any well-fitting shirt you already own. Generally speaking it sounds like you're probably in the range for a size S but height and weight aren't really anything to rely on.

PorterInjax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well if you're me then the fit is ******* great as I'm a near-dead-on match for the measurements of the XS. But unfortunately for you, you aren't me. So your results may vary.

Check the measurements on the site as compared to any well-fitting shirt you already own. Generally speaking it sounds like you're probably in the range for a size S but height and weight aren't really anything to rely on.

sooooo....are you saying that you think it fits you okay?
smile.gif

kgmessier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PorterInjax
You're better off going by chest and shoulder measurements, but I'm 5'9-1/2" and 145 lbs., and I wear an Epaulet small. That goes for this flannel specifically as well.

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yeah im a 36R and i wear a small in pretty much every company ... epaulet small as well as in gitman vintage and farinelli's wolf vs goat line

im 5'8 140-145 ...

Urijah1086

Reaction score
I am going to be ordering a pair of Rivet Chinos in British Khaki. I am debating on weather to get a size 28 or 29. I am 6' 148 pounds. My waist measurement 1 inch below the belly button is 31 inches and my thighs measure 20 inches standing straight up not flexing. I am going for the same fit as member Ipounds and the model wearing them on the Epaulet site. Any advice on which size to get would be great. Thanks dudes.

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
you actually might need a 29 or 30. i would not say 28.

i rock a 29 in that pair and wear a 30 in the wool trousers cuz of the rise difference

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads