• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Let it snow, Let is snow...

danjwills

Reaction score
It's freezing and snowing in the UK at the moment. What jacket would you recommend for these conditions?

Cant kill da Rooster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by danjwills
It's freezing and snowing in the UK at the moment. What jacket would you recommend for these conditions?

For the one time every 10 years it happens? Canada Goose.

Kentishman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's not a phrase you often hear from a) me or b) on StyleForvm, but Becks was wearing a nice coat during the Olympic Stadium visit yesterday.

For me today, it's a grey herringbone tweed duffel, and tomorrow it's a grey herringbone (hmm...) Chesterfield style coat.

ktrp

Reaction score
Since you asked here rather then streetwear ...

A wool coat, with a scarf and hat, and proper clothing underneath. Hat is critical.

I wish it were snowing here. Unfortunately, it is cool and rainy, which is much harder to stay comfortable in. You get wet, and then you get cold. -10C and snowing is easier then +5C and rain.

danjwills

Reaction score
Kentishman - Do you have a pic of Beckhams jacket?

Where are you from KTRP?

ktrp

Reaction score
Toronto.

There's an unfortunate tendency for the weather here to bob up and down around the freezing mark during the winter. I'm much happier when it just gets under 0 and stays there.

lee_44106

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

what are you, a child prodigy who could compose complete sentences at the tender age of 3?

You REALLY don't know what to wear when it's cold and snowing?
facepalm.gif

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lee_44106
what are you, a child prodigy who could compose complete sentences at the tender age of 3?

You REALLY don't know what to wear when it's cold and snowing?
facepalm.gif

tehehe
teacha.gif

danjwills

Reaction score
Just turned 4 ;-)

No I was just wondering what brands people usually go for when looking for a winter coat? I could go down the technical snowboarding route and get a something from Burton or 686 but wanted something smarter which is going to keep me warm and dry!!

Cheers

Cant kill da Rooster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For weather up to -10C just a peacoat or overcoat is fine. Add layers as needed. I can't imagine needing anything more in your climate. In Canada however...

Kentishman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Kentishman - Do you have a pic of Beckhams jacket?

Where are you from KTRP?

Here you go mate:

david-beckham.jpg

Britain_Olympics_Be_611023m.jpg

I'm from Kent in the UK - what's does KTRP stand for?

Marcellionheart

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ktrp
Toronto.

There's an unfortunate tendency for the weather here to bob up and down around the freezing mark during the winter. I'm much happier when it just gets under 0 and stays there.

I'm in Toronto right now; A Barbour is perfect for this weather. As is my Aquascutum trench with some layers underneath.

ljrcustom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kentishman
Here you go mate:

david-beckham.jpg

Britain_Olympics_Be_611023m.jpg

I like the jacket that Beckham is wearing, does anyone know who makes it?

-LR

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics