• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lands' End Canvas

Imhoff

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Thinking about purchasing some of their Mesh short sleeved polo shirts while they are cheap. Anyone had experience with these? Are the fits pretty athletic/tapered through body or are we talking a more traditional fit throughout?

At $10 bucks, it's very tempting to pull the trigger on a few and save em for Spring time.

cb_32

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bombers
body measurements and size of the shirt?

Neck: 16
Chest:40
Sleeve:36

5 foot 11, 160 lbs

Size M.

cb_32

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
bump.
i want more feedback on the fit

ennui

Reaction score
Originally Posted by cb_32
bump.
i want more feedback on the fit

Shoulders are a touch (maybe .25-.5") wide. When you tuck in the shirt, you get a bit of bunching mid-way between your armpit and your waist, but not sure if that is because of the way you tucked in, your posture, etc. I'd say not a bad fit in general except one of my pet peeves is shoulders that are too wide.

cb_32

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i stood up straight for the pics so the posture is fine.

my sholders are actually pretty wide but yeah i guess it can be taken in

cb_32

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
oh and also thats a Lands End belt im wearing in those pics.

RangerP

Reaction score
Originally Posted by BB1
The style of their web page has changed since the original launch. Now instead of merely trying to copy JCrew, I see a strong resemblance to Urban Outfitters that's been injected.

The pages are now purposefully made to look slightly unprofessional as if to convey a sense of urban authenticity. For example, many of the pages contain 7 or 8 different font styles on the same page, using both serif and non-serif fonts.

Under "The Story" there is a video of an interracial couple riding a bicycle as if to convey "This is not your fathers Lands End!"

We also see the obligatory smart urbanite guy wearing the 1950's style black frame glasses. Gotta have one of those.

The new logo is reminiscent of an Ambercrombie logo proudly proclaiming the founding date of 1963.

Yet the size S shirts measure 42 inches in the chest! Maybe this still is your father's Lands End? Or is junior now fat too? I'm so confused.

The whole thing is like a bad cartoon. But should we expect anything more from the failed companies known as Sears & Kmart?

Define "failed companies"...

Sears Holdings has generated an average of over $800 million dollars in free cash flow over the past 4 years. How is that failing?

Not to mention the over $1 billion it generated in 2009, one of the worst years for retailers in a long time...

TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got my wax jacket. Looks really nice for 69 dollars, and will do until I find a barbour bedale of my liking.

RangerP

Reaction score
Originally Posted by cb_32
bump. i want more feedback on the fit
Hey cb_32, I personally don't like the fit. Like someone mentioned, the shoulders are a tad big. Not a deal breaker but I think the excess fabric in the back is a deal breaker. It would be for me anyways... I like A LOT less fabric in that area. The view from the side also shows the excess fabric. That being said, the front view looks REALLY good. My 2 cents...

bosatlbwi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
After a wash/dry the flannel seems to have shrunk a bit and definitely fits a little better.

cb_32

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RangerP
Define "failed companies"...

Sears Holdings has generated an average of over $800 million dollars in free cash flow over the past 4 years. How is that failing?

Not to mention the over $1 billion it generated in 2009, one of the worst years for retailers in a long time...

yeah sears is doing pretty great.

stuff like dockers chambray is able to beat the **** out of AA chambrays.

sure the fit is ******, but you can fix it by a trip to the tailor

bombers

Reaction score
Which is generally cheaper? I never have my shirts taper before.

cb_32

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RangerP
Are you going to be doing darts on your shirt? .... or taken in on the sides?

im not sure, what should i do?

chris lewis

Reaction score
Depends on how you plan to wear the shirt. If not tucking I'd say just take in the sides. If you're tucking then do both, the darting will help with the blousing in back.

FWIW, the tailor I use usually charges about $18 to take in the sides and slim down the sleeves, which is what I usually have done.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads