• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Ben85

Reaction score
I can't find any ******* jeans that I like. I don't like tight jeans, but I either find something way too tight or just ******* ugly and baggy. Where can I find proper fitting jeans that are 32" 34" and under 175? I use to shop at Bluenotes (ya, laugh it up. but as a teenager they were cheap and lasted a long time. now they are just **** quality)

sartorialism

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ben85
I can't find any ******* jeans that I like. I don't like tight jeans, but I either find something way too tight or just ******* ugly and baggy. Where can I find proper fitting jeans that are 32" 34" and under 175? I use to shop at Bluenotes (ya, laugh it up. but as a teenager they were cheap and lasted a long time. now they are just **** quality)

J-Crew has a cut that strikes the right balance for me.

Avocat

Reaction score
Christmas lights and nativity scenes in July!

It's bad enough that, after Hallowe'en but before all the candies could be unwrapped and eaten by little hands, we used to have Christmas music, ads, jingles, etc. etc. etc. (the onslaught has been put off at least now until after Remembrance Day). I'm all for the Holiday spirit and what it's supposed to mean, and do enjoy the tradition of decking one's property out in lights and candy canes. I also appreciate that my neighbor has completely outdone himself, the whole and compete thing including nativity scenes, lights, santas and deer, which is wonderful over the holidays; that said, all but the inflatable Santas, etc. remain all year round, not because he's a Christmas spirit kind of guy but, rather, he's too lazy to take down and put up his lights, etc. annually. I wouldn't say it "pisses me off" but come on already: on a gorgeous hot and lazy afternoon in summertime, glancing at his year-round display, no one should have to start thinking about how many shopping days are left until Christmas.

HgaleK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Start of the semester our accounting prof said there would be no curve. Test 3 came up, I'd been having a soul crushing week, was unprepared for the exam, and had an offer for molly and rave from a pretty smoking hot latina chick if I went to Austin that night (test was at 9PM 2.5 hours away). I ran the math and found that there was no way I could pass the course anyway, even if I aced the test, which I wouldn't have. The breakdown for grades before the final exam just came in and I have a ******* C. I would have had an A if I had barely passed, which I might have been able to do.

ffffuuuu.gif

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by globetrotter
there is a huge conference in Chicago this week - not in my field, but a lot of my end users and distributors come to it every year. every ******* year, I get calls from people asking me to take them out to dinner this week, and I have to scramble to set it up. so this year, I got in front of it and tried to set up go, meetings and meals in advance - I sent out emails and called people a month ago, with reminders every week. didn't help - nobody wanted to set up in advance, and one more ******* time my week is being wasted by people who call me and think that I can drop what ever I'm doing and have dinner with them and 6 friends, and then pick up the bill.

We are never open on Mondays, but we opened today just b/c of the convention. Apparently people in that profession like our restaurant. Anyway, every single table it seemed like was discussing sales strategies. I kept walking by, thinking of how many of them probably knew you or worked with you.
laugh.gif

Szeph el raton

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Szeph el ratón
Since last Wednesday my leg goes crazy. First there was a little pimple on my thigh. Scratched it, put some disinfectant on it, fine. Since then my leg goes all Zombie-movie. Swollen, sensitive to touch, hurting like hell, red colored and there's always a bit blood and pus on the band aid.

And the
ffffuuuu.gif
moment: my dermatologist doesn't have an earlier free spot than Friday.

So now that I can barely walk I went to my regular doctor without appointment. Took me 1 minute to get examined. Turns out it's an abscess and I'll need to see another doctor to surgically open it.

ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif

It hurts like a mofo, I'm limping because every step hurts and my workmates make fun of it... damn, I've influenced them way too much.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
okay I gotta get this off my chest. after my mother in law was cremated and my wife's family's starting to pick up the pieces again, my wife was told she might have to go to hong kong and help take care of some of her mom's finances. at that time, the wifey was in a funk, obviously down with her mom's demise, and she was non-committal about flying off, so I told her just in case she doesn't go then let us, just the two of us, fly to hong kong end of november. so one day after I told her that, I asked her again if she's up for my offer. and she told me she and her cousin/constant travel buddy have booked a trip to thailand. on. that. weekend. wtf! I've been trying to play cool about it, although I do feel ******* butthurt. she has been in and out of a funk, and I don't wanna go into a big fight and upset her more. I did tell her about albeit I didn't show how much butthurt I felt, but it does eat me up inside.
ffffuuuu.gif
okay, that is all.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about this, acid. You two seem to have some problems with communicating, no offense intended. Just saying, maybe a therapist for a bit?

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
thanks Pio. I know, wifey's been open and shut with communicating lately. her mom's death really hit her and it made things worse, in a way. this is probably the first time we were separated and I didn't miss her. **** this sounds bad.

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
frown.gif
sorry, acid. best of luck with everything.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by acidboy
thanks Pio. I know, wifey's been open and shut with communicating lately. her mom's death really hit her and it made things worse, in a way. this is probably the first time we were separated and I didn't miss her. **** this sounds bad.

Best of luck, man. Don't let the gulf get too wide or you'll never cross it again.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Man, that's a tough situation. Once in a while I have to swallow my pride and reach out to the Mrs., no matter how butthurt I am about something she's said or done. Good luck.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
We are never open on Mondays, but we opened today just b/c of the convention. Apparently people in that profession like our restaurant. Anyway, every single table it seemed like was discussing sales strategies. I kept walking by, thinking of how many of them probably knew you or worked with you.
laugh.gif

yeah, sounds like it wasn't the doctors but the sales guys - btw, these are probably some of the best paid individual contributor sales people in the world in town this week, the guys who sell 3 million dollar radiology equipment.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
okay I gotta get this off my chest. after my mother in law was cremated and my wife's family's starting to pick up the pieces again, my wife was told she might have to go to hong kong and help take care of some of her mom's finances.

at that time, the wifey was in a funk, obviously down with her mom's demise, and she was non-committal about flying off, so I told her just in case she doesn't go then let us, just the two of us, fly to hong kong end of november.

so one day after I told her that, I asked her again if she's up for my offer. and she told me she and her cousin/constant travel buddy have booked a trip to thailand. on. that. weekend. wtf! I've been trying to play cool about it, although I do feel ******* butthurt. she has been in and out of a funk, and I don't wanna go into a big fight and upset her more. I did tell her about albeit I didn't show how much butthurt I felt, but it does eat me up inside.
ffffuuuu.gif

okay, that is all.

sorry to hear that - different people react to death differently. good luck

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Former and possibly future boss is throwing a Christmas party the day before we leave for Turks and Caicos. I really should go but the location of the party is a three hour drive from here.
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads