• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tailors in and around New Orleans

bcpool

Reaction score
I need some suggestions for someone to make some shirts in the New Orleans area. I've been doing some made to measure stuff with a group from Hong Kong but it just isn't working out.

Reaction score

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by 89826
Give George Bass a call. His shop is in downtown New Orleans. www.georgebass.com

I forgot about this place. I used to work in the Place St. Charles and remember the shop...but I have not been there in years. Maybe I will venture down. There is, or at least used to be, a shirtmaker in Canal Place. Have not been in there in a while, so might be gone.

H. Rosenblum in Mandeville can have shirts made for you and seem to have a nice selection of fabrics on display. I find them rather snooty though.

Mike

courty

Reaction score
I am not sure if Baton Rouge is too far for you but there is a tailor there called Martinez who does shirts as well and is supposedly very good.

Warren G.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by 89826
Give George Bass a call. His shop is in downtown New Orleans. www.georgebass.com
I love that shop. Mr. Bass is a true gentlemen. His shop offer Hamilton MTM, and couple other mtm program as well..can't remember top of my head. If you haven't been in that store yet. I really recommend you checking it out. He carry some Edward Green, and have a very nice tie selection. Definitely a great store to check out some MC clothing. Also, you can always check out Rubensteins in Canal St. They should have offer some MTM program as well. I don't know anything about Martinez, but I heard some great things.

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
George Bass carries Isaia, and also have SG squares and Marinella ties as of this year (at least the BR branch does). The Marinella ties and SG squares in particular are quite lovely. Their selection of EG's are pretty awful (loafers mainly, including an odd bit loafer, and they have the dover in the 202 on dainite
confused.gif
). In regards to Martinez, I went by to see him a little while ago. I am still debating whether or not I want to order a suit from him. His shirts look quite nice though.

With this suits, he definitely does a very 'British' cut. Very structured, lots of roping, etc. I would like to hear from others before I do anything.

bcpool

Reaction score
Thanks. I bought a suit at Rubensteins. My shirt maker from Hong Kong and I just" broke up" and I am looking for someone to take his place. It wont be hard as long as they can just make some shirts right that fit.

I will look up these other places. Thanks for the replys.

bcpool

Reaction score
I haven't posted on here in a while or updated my location.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads