• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Your least expensive restaurant bill?

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
One time in New Delhi I got a full meal for 20 rupees. That comes out to about 44 cents.
Originally Posted by MetroStyles
I'm talking about meals where you actually had to pay for the full price of the meal. No coupons, discounts, expense accounts, comps, etc.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
I get comp'ed on a pretty regular basis, so $0.00.

Zachgranstrom

Reaction score
A full free meal at Denny's. I can also remember going to a fancy restaurant and only spending a few dollars on a $50.00- 60.00 meal.( I have some friends that used to work there)

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm talking about meals where you actually had to pay for the full price of the meal. No coupons, discounts, expense accounts, comps, etc.

holymadness

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lucky, metro.

Cheapest meal in recent memory was a Vietnamese pork sandwich and drink for around 2 €.

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by holymadness
Lucky, metro.

Cheapest meal in recent memory was a Vietnamese pork sandwich and drink for around 2 €.

Banh mi continues to be the best/tastiest meal deal in most cities.

Zachgranstrom

Reaction score
Ok. Well, I remember once going to some small Texas BBQ restaurant in Elgin, Texas where the whole meal was just $5.00 dollars.(Fountain Drink, piece of steak,one rib, sausage, potato salad and white bread.)

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pretty much any lunch or non-fancy dinner I would have when living in Bangkok. My favorite was a street guy who was grilling king mackerel marinated in some soy sauce and had a couple of plastic chairs on the side walk for people to sit down and eat. Can't remember exactly how much it was but probably $1 or less.

Cary Grant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
2 hot dogs, bag o' chips, soda for 50 cents (Boy Scouts)
biggrin.gif
+ the condiments and Napkin were free!
wink.gif

Bhowie

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Zachgranstrom
Ok. Well, I remember once going to some small Texas BBQ restaurant in Elgin, Texas where the whole meal was just $5.00 dollars.(Fountain Drink, piece of steak,one rib, sausage, potato salad and white bread.)

Elgin Meat Market, the **** is more expensive than that.

I once had a $200 bar tab in Mexico.

Zachgranstrom

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bhowie
Elgin Meat Market, the **** is more expensive than that. I once had a $200 bar tab in Mexico.
Well, I thought it was Elgin, but it could've been a different town. (it's been a good 5 yrs. since I've been in Texas)

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Banh mi continues to be the best/tastiest meal deal in most cities.

Widen that scope to all of Vietnamese food and I'll agree. Banh mi, pho and bun are more go to cheap meals.

pebblegrain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
KRW 3000 in s. korea for a very hearty bowl of hand-delivered black bean noodles. about $2.50

Thebomb85019

Reaction score
While traveling through China, you could buy a bowl of fried noodles with veggies for 5 yuan (equivalent to $.71). Add in "chicken" and you ended up paying $1US.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
my office cafeteria in New Delhi would serve a full veg meal for about 50 cents, and I've had some good meals with meat and bread dumplings in Prague for less than a buck - including a small beer.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads