• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crescent Down Works

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
the down vest runs a bit larger than the jackets so I'm more like a small in the vest and m in the jackets

going to try them on again when i go there this weekend

nativebelle

Reaction score
jet, is SW going to stock any heavier CDW stuff? I'm in the NY metro area and need something that keeps me warm in 10/20 degree weather, and am not sure if the hooded sweatshirt is substantial enough (8 oz. of 650 down).

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
I don't think so, anything heavier than that doesn't really sell in LA despite his huge following all over the world. I will bring it up the next time I see him but he's always had a hard time selling serious pieces in the past hence his aversion. The down sweater was pretty warm but I don't think even with a thermal you would be toasty in 10 or 20 deg weather but a thermal + wool knit + down sweater would probably do you fine now that I think about it.

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
you know if the sweater jacket get marked down or do i have to bite the bullet and drop 4 on it ?

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
No it's year round that stuff never gets marked down.

Will probably pick up something cdw instead of barbour like I had planned.

nativebelle

Reaction score
Appreciate the response. It's hard justifying a $400 clothing purchase when I'm in college if it's not going to protect against the worst weather I come up against. But I don't want to blow money on **** and I honestly can't find anything with comparable price/quality. Maybe I'll just order and worst-case scenario I throw $30 in shipping down the drain and return.

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
ya i figured...nativebelle i think it'll work fine like jet said with a thermal and knit on top. i was ok wearing wool coat with two or three layers under

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
I think the thing is with one or two easy layers it will be far more versatile than a big heavy jacket that you overheat in all except 2 months out of the year. This is what I do for my snowboarding gear, I prefer midweight stuff because I can adjust the warmth to my preference. I tried them on yesterday and they are very solid jackets, compared them to the barbour stuff at oc and barbour just felt like they would be less durable plus they felt cheapish. Throw on a scarf and beanie and you should be good down to 20 easily.

nativebelle

Reaction score
Yeah I think you're right. The heavier stuff looks real goofy/techy on the CDW website while the SW shots of the hooded sweater make it look pretty sleek for down, so I'm not really sure I want anything heavier anyway. In the serious weather I can just layer with wool/loopwheeled crewneck and a scarf and be okay.

This **** seems like the real deal, just needed help pulling the trigger. I'll do it in the next couple days. Thanks for the help/input.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Just remember size down one, I'm a 40-41 and usually a L and the M was perfect with a little bit of room to layer. The leather toggles are a nice touch and my fav feature of course are the leather backed snap buttons. The cuff at the sleeve is nice too because it keeps it at your wrist instead of coming over your hand, I hate that. Detachable hood is dope too. I think it would be bb1 approved too because it didn't make me look like the michelin man and was a nice fitted look.

adamha21

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did you get the chance to try on that California winter jacket? It's sold out in all the colors but navy it seems.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
nah man sorry brosef, I will try to do so next week if I am in the area

btw, the m vest fits me pretty good and it's longer than i imagined didn't the M look big on you for some reason? when i buttoned it was pretty snug then again I have mini kunk lats

veloaudio

Reaction score
Looks like SW doesn't list CDW on their website anymore. So other than the J.Crew CDW sweater and vest who carries CDW online?

ahjota

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's all still there. Look under Fall 2010 > South Willard.

veloaudio

Reaction score
^Thanks. Can anyone comment on the length of the sweater sleeves? I hope they run long.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads