• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

2010 Fantasy Football thread

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
7-4 now with my ****** team. Shoulda been 8-3 and the division lead if not for Vick in last weeks MNF, but I'm not complaining - I've survived so many weeks this year because my opponents stars had ****** games...so I was due for getting rocked. Still rolling with Flacco at QB and will probably run with Charles, Mcfadden, Hillis, Wayne and Santonio Holmes as my every week rb/wr. Revolving door at D and will drop Dan Carpenter since Tyler Thigpen won't get the dolphins anywhere close to fg range. I've got Randy moss (dead to me) and Gates on the bench, as well as Knowshon. Trying to trade Moreno for a more solid starting QB...also thinking about benching Flacco and riding Kitna's hot streak. Or is that stupid? I resolved three weeks ago never to use any cowboys again...
confused.gif

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
nicks out 3 weeks.
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif

countdemoney

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by HRoi
7-4 now with my ****** team. Shoulda been 8-3 and the division lead if not for Vick in last weeks MNF, but I'm not complaining - I've survived so many weeks this year because my opponents stars had ****** games...so I was due for getting rocked.

Still rolling with Flacco at QB and will probably run with Charles, Mcfadden, Hillis, Wayne and Santonio Holmes as my every week rb/wr. Revolving door at D and will drop Dan Carpenter since Tyler Thigpen won't get the dolphins anywhere close to fg range.

I've got Randy moss (dead to me) and Gates on the bench, as well as Knowshon. Trying to trade Moreno for a more solid starting QB...also thinking about benching Flacco and riding Kitna's hot streak. Or is that stupid? I resolved three weeks ago never to use any cowboys again...
confused.gif

Flacco is 12th in my league for qb's, that's pretty solid. I wouldn't mess around with trying to optimize, it doesn't really pay off. Much better off to put up a consistent point level and take your chances than a scoring roller coaster, IMO.

Blog Marley

Reaction score
I can start up 5 WRs

Crabtree
Colston
Owens* (thinking of benching him this week)

Flex 1: Deion Branch
Flex 2: Santana Moss

thinking of benching Owens for James Jones, and could start Blount or Reggie Bush, Steve Smith (Panthers), Shiancoe, or Hagan.

Roethlisberger or Peyton Manning.

cheessus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
in my points per reception/completion league with yardage bonuses (which are pretty whack): 307 pts with gore to go tomorrow qb- orton (106) wr- bowe (58) wr- lloyd (23) rb- hillis (53) rb- gore (-) te- gonzalez (17) wr/rb/te flex- colston (26) k- carpenter (15) d- browns (9) benched- roddy white, stephen jackson, mike tolbert* (though i might start him in the next 5 mins) *nope too late
frown.gif

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Well my fantasy football season all comese down to tonight. Because of tiebreakers I have to win my division outright, which I can do if I win this week. Coming into MNF I am tied with my opponent -- he has Danny Woodhead (great name for a pron star) and I have San Antonio Holmes.

ArliHawk`

Reaction score
Originally Posted by HRoi
Well my fantasy football season all comese down to tonight. Because of tiebreakers I have to win my division outright, which I can do if I win this week. Coming into MNF I am tied with my opponent -- he has Danny Woodhead (great name for a pron star) and I have San Antonio Holmes.

I'd defeinitely feel good about having Holmes in that matchup. The bye is on the line tonight in my league; I have an 11 point lead and Holmes going v. my opponent has Braylon Edwards.

Oh, how I hate it coming down to Monday night.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Woodhead 11 points Holmes 7 points
ffffuuuu.gif

Warren G.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I lost by .60, gahdamnit Holmes...can't get me 7 yards?
On a good note, I clinch playoffs in all my leagues except for one.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Missed the playoffs for the first time four years. Another 36 points throughout the course of the season and I'd have been in.

phreak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm in at 6-7. Second highest points scored along with far and away the most points scored against makes me rething the head-to-head format :/

GSquared

Reaction score
Originally Posted by cheessus
in my points per reception/completion league with yardage bonuses (which are pretty whack): 307 pts with gore to go tomorrow

qb- orton (106)
wr- bowe (58)
wr- lloyd (23)
rb- hillis (53)
rb- gore (-)
te- gonzalez (17)
wr/rb/te flex- colston (26)
k- carpenter (15)
d- browns (9)

benched- roddy white, stephen jackson, mike tolbert* (though i might start him in the next 5 mins)

*nope too late
frown.gif

What the hell kind of point structure is this? Please advise.

GSquared

Reaction score
Originally Posted by phreak
I'm in at 6-7. Second highest points scored along with far and away the most points scored against makes me rething the head-to-head format :/

I had that in one of my leagues. My brother was 8th in points and was in 1st place. His points against was 140 pts lower than anyone else in the league.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I went 8 and 5 in my league this year with only 1 division loss. This is my first time making the playoffs (I've only been in this league for 4 seasons). It's an auction style league and after screwing up in auction strategy this year and overpaying for a few busts I lucked out when I picked up BJGE in week 1 on the waiver wire and by trading for Turner.

I'll need my luck to continue in the playoffs though as my 1st round opponent has some pretty cake match-ups this week.

I also somehow managed to win high score on 5 different weeks yet I was 4th or 5th in total points scores.

GSquared

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Michigan Planner
I went 8 and 5 in my league this year with only 1 division loss. This is my first time making the playoffs (I've only been in this league for 4 seasons). It's an auction style league and after screwing up in auction strategy this year and overpaying for a few busts I lucked out when I picked up BJGE in week 1 on the waiver wire and by trading for Turner.

I'll need my luck to continue in the playoffs though as my 1st round opponent has some pretty cake match-ups this week.

I also somehow managed to win high score on 5 different weeks yet I was 4th or 5th in total points scores.

Lacking consistency. I had the same problem 80 pts some weeks and 180 some weeks. What kills is when you have the second highest weekly points and the only person that has more points than you is your matchup... you would've beat the 10 other teams.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads