• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edubs01
Yo Mike...
Any new releases on the horizon?

'Sho! We'll have these things before the end of the year:

1. Sportcoats
2. CPO Jacket
3. A Gitman Brothers surprise (details to come soon)
4. EP's Smith in 14oz Kurabo Indigo with Red Selvedge
5. Rivet Chino Gunmetal, Moss, Stone, & Heavyweight Stone

We may also have another deadstock delivery of Walt's, but that could come after the new year.

oboy_oboy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Epaulet
Hey guys,

The Old Loom oxfords are especially a steal at $65.

Apparently, my indecision has benefits after all. Just grabbed one. Thanks Mike!

Look forward to more Epaulet-brand purchases in the future...

ennui

Reaction score

Darnit, I have tapped out my budget for this year already.

BTW, I really like how the sizes show when you mouse over the item picture. I wish more websites did that.

pwnstar

Reaction score
So the briefcases are not going to be released in the next week or two?

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by oboy_oboy
Apparently, my indecision has benefits after all. Just grabbed one. Thanks Mike!

Look forward to more Epaulet-brand purchases in the future...

Danke schoen!

Originally Posted by ennui
BTW, I really like how the sizes show when you mouse over the item picture. I wish more websites did that.

Thanks man, it's my favorite feature of our site. We're always making small improvements, but that upgrade was a hardcore bit of coding kung fu.

Originally Posted by pwnstar
So the briefcases are not going to be released in the next week or two?

I wish that they were - we've just got too long of a lead time on the leather. But believe me, it will be worth the wait!

hboogz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
'Sho! We'll have these things before the end of the year:

1. Sportcoats
2. CPO Jacket
3. A Gitman Brothers surprise (details to come soon)
4. EP's Smith in 14oz Kurabo Indigo with Red Selvedge
5. Rivet Chino Gunmetal, Moss, Stone, & Heavyweight Stone

We may also have another deadstock delivery of Walt's, but that could come after the new year.

count me in bro

justtemple

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow, that sounds absolutely perfect. Any chance that you have a video of this?
Lol! It's about as perfect as I can remember (copious amounts of drinks flowed). That dive bar had no idea what was coming. Sadly there's no video but there should be some lifestyle esqe pics surfacing soon...

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by werdswerf
Any chance you'll be putting your Thorogood boots on sale in the next few weeks? I want to buy a pair but would hate for them to be marked down a couple weeks after I bought them.
No, I don't intend on ever marking those down. I really wanted those boots to deliver a strong value, so I deliberately set the retail price low. We always have guys asking for an item around that price point, and I feel that the No. 685 boot delivers a unique look that's a world of quality away from other boots in the $200 to $300 range. We'll do some new editions for the Spring, but it's my goal to have a few different kinds to choose from at any given time.
Originally Posted by justtemple
Lol! It's about as perfect as I can remember (copious amounts of drinks flowed). That dive bar had no idea what was coming. Sadly there's no video but there should be some lifestyle esqe pics surfacing soon...
funny-pictures-racoon-yes.jpg

Ivar

Reaction score
The outsole is oil-resistant neoprene rubber with bits of natural cork (those are the tan flecks that you see in it). The welt on top of it is leather. It's a tough sole that's very comfortable and long-lasting.

OK, great, just what I was hoping for! I hope you don't mind my asking two additional questions:

1. Are the boots completely free of logos and the like? (I noticed that the shoes from the previous collab weren't.)

2. If I'm usually a UK size 10 (US 11), would you say that it's advisable to order a half size down, i.e. a US 10.5? I'm asking since you make the comparison with Clark's desert boots, which, from what I understand, run a half size big. If it's of any help, my left foot measures exactly 27.5 cm (about 10.8 inches) from heel to toe.

Ivar

Reaction score

Racing Green

Reaction score

Cheers, just scored the white one I've been humming and hawing over. Good things come to those who wait (sometimes).

chenzhongbi

Reaction score
And hey guys, in other news the sportcoats are FINALLY scheduled to be finished by next Thursday-Friday. I'll post them up with a quickness when they arrive!
Yay!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads