• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the comments, guys.

Originally Posted by Reginald Bartholomew
Sometimes, late at night, when it's dark and everyone else is asleep and I am sad about the state of humanity and feel like I'm a failure and everyone loathes me, I pretend I'm Tonio and I feel better. Fits like this are why.

LOL. Wow, glad I could help. That was a good read!

Originally Posted by mellowfellow
tonio, when did u get that ndg cardigan? It was their best cardigan. i have that one and one in grey.

Hey mellowmanace. I got it off the B&S forms about 2-3 weeks ago NWT. I agree that is the best one, I've been looking for it in this brown colorway for ages, essentially since I joined the forums with no luck. Saw it pop up and jumped on it instantly. I absolutely love the cardigan.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
teh Jil marblez
jilmarble.jpg

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Really wanna improve on this side of the board, so I'll be posting more casual fits here...please don't hesitate to rip, but I'd appreciate some suggestions on how to improve it as well...
Tail end (hopefully) of the swine flu. Had to get out of the house today, feeling a little better, and going outside in the cold air helped even more. Can't wait to resume normalcy.
IMG_1735.jpg
IMG_1733-1.jpg
IMG_1731-1.jpg
IMG_1722.jpg

Kvc06

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks good to me.
Hopefully I will still be looking good once I graduate and start teaching.

dls6128

Reaction score
^^ The cuffs on your jeans have never really looked good to me. It might be a matter of only turning them up once, or letting the jeans stack more? They look too short in the picture for my taste. It's also hard to tell how the duffel fits, but it isn't really flattering your mid-section.
Originally Posted by NOBD
To give you an idea of the proportions (sorry, in centimeters): the trouser leg width at the ankle is 20 cm, the cuff heigth is 5 cm (I'm 1.88 m).
Thanks!

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kvc06
Looks good to me.
Hopefully I will still be looking good once I graduate and start teaching.

Originally Posted by dls6128
^^ The cuffs on your jeans have never really looked good to me. It might be a matter of only turning them up once, or letting the jeans stack more? They look too short in the picture for my taste. It's also hard to tell how the duffel fits, but it isn't really flattering your mid-section.

Thanks fellas. Kvc, if there's still time choose a different profession...the way things are headed in this country, teachers are losing more and more control with what they do and how they do it...or get into administration, which is what I'm thinking, as I'm already 10 years in.

dis...yea, they are a bit short, and they are twice rolled, may try to revert to either the single of doing a bit of "stacking" but they've been cuffed for so long that may not be an option. As to the coat, think its just a ****** indoor pic...still feeling ****** so I didn't wanna lug the camera and stand outside to do a shot...once I'm feeling better I'll do some better ones with the jacket...thanks.

Makeshift_Robot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger
A fit

Slim that coat down and trim your beard a little Tevye, also maybe let your jeans stack a little on your oxfords to make the leg/foot transition smoother (but this is mostly fine, the socks look great).

cez

Reaction score
Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger
Thanks fellas. Kvc, if there's still time choose a different profession...the way things are headed in this country, teachers are losing more and more control with what they do and how they do it...or get into administration, which is what I'm thinking, as I'm already 10 years in. dis...yea, they are a bit short, and they are twice rolled, may try to revert to either the single of doing a bit of "stacking" but they've been cuffed for so long that may not be an option. As to the coat, think its just a ****** indoor pic...still feeling ****** so I didn't wanna lug the camera and stand outside to do a shot...once I'm feeling better I'll do some better ones with the jacket...thanks.
no offense but thats terrible advice. if you really believe that you should definitely leave. i know you're 10 years in and my own opinion may change once i've been in it as long as you have but it saddens me to hear this and i've heard it more than once. i come from washington DC, which has some of the worst schools and am the only person in my entire family to graduate h.s. and college. nobody in family ever took an interest in my education, seriously. the only reason i was able to do so was because i had a handful of teachers and advisors that truly cared about teaching. i am actually applying for the NYC fellows program, hopefully i get in. i am really looking forward to working with inner city kids, despite the politics and disadvantages. it means a lot to me and i am sure it meant a lot to you at some point. i realize you're trying to help but the state of the America's school system is discouraging enough already. btw i love your fits, all of them. i think this one of my favorites tho.

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cez
no offense but thats terrible advice. if you really believe that you should definitely leave. i know you're 10 years in and my own opinion may change once i've been in it as long as you have but it saddens me to hear this and i've heard it more than once. i come from washington DC, which has some of the worst schools and am the only person in my entire family to graduate h.s. and college. nobody in family ever took an interest in my education, seriously. the only reason i was able to do so was because i had a handful of teachers and advisors that truly cared about teaching. i am actually applying for the NYC fellows program, hopefully i get in. i am really looking forward to working with inner city kids, despite the politics and disadvantages. it means a lot to me and i am sure it meant a lot to you at some point. i realize you're trying to help but the state of the America's school system is discouraging enough already.

btw i love your fits, all of them. i think this one of my favorites tho.

LOL, cez..I'll pm you the message I sent to kvc...don't wanna **** up the thread more than I have. One of my buddies is a teaching fellow, 3 years in, and he still loves it, but he may not get tenure this year...anyway, check pm

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Makeshift_Robot
Slim that coat down and trim your beard a little Tevye, also maybe let your jeans stack a little on your oxfords to make the leg/foot transition smoother (but this is mostly fine, the socks look great).

Cheers MR

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
shoes horrific

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics