• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Does Ralph Lauren make a collection line for men?

lpalma121

Reaction score
I bought a suede jacket that has a purple tag that reads Ralph Lauren collection. The jackets buttons are on the right and it fits find. I've only seen this type oh tag on womens clothing in the past but not sure if it's a men line. Is it better than signature purple label?

haiguise

Reaction score
Post pics, but buttons don't indicate gender all the time. What size does it say? Looking at the RL website, many of the jackets for women have the buttons on the male side. I think you have a woman's coat. http://www.ralphlauren.com/shop/inde...and_collection

ramuman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lpalma121
I bought a suede jacket that has a purple tag that reads Ralph Lauren collection. The jackets buttons are on the right and it fits find. I've only seen this type oh tag on womens clothing in the past but not sure if it's a men line. Is it better than signature purple label?

I think this was the predecessor to the current PL line.

Da Luis Vuitton Don

Reaction score
so you paid 3000 clams for a Purple label jacket and do not know if it is for a male or female?or maybe PL collection is a bit cheaper im not sure but seriously?Bad trolling is bad....

lpalma121

Reaction score
I flung it at a consignment shop for 80 bucks and wasntgoing to hold off to verify. I had to get it but it looks sick guys. It's a clean suede button front classic with epaulets light brown just so nice. It fits perfect a little snug but I think most purple label does. It does say made in the USA but I've only seen the stuff made in Italy and England in the past. I'll post pics up but I thought it was a simple question guess not.

haiguise

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Da Luis Vuitton Don
so you paid 3000 clams for a Purple label jacket and do not know if it is for a male or female?or maybe PL collection is a bit cheaper im not sure but seriously?Bad trolling is bad....

What the heck are you talking about?

Da Luis Vuitton Don

Reaction score
Originally Posted by haiguise
What the heck are you talking about?

what part has you confused?before buying an expensive jacket at very least you should make sure your in the mens section no? Then again maybe the sales persons got a kick out of watching a man try on ladies wear
plain.gif

i say trolling as i do not believe that this scenario exists at all.

i say spend 3 grand because RLPL jackets run about that much
teacha.gif

if this does not provide clarity then i suggest you review my original post with someone who can digest sarcasm mixed with serious doubt...
worship.gif

@OP- Pictures of this jacket would help out tremendously when asking for this sort of input
facepalm.gif

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ramuman
I think this was the predecessor to the current PL line.

Originally Posted by celeste_pista
pretty sure ramuman is correct here...

Originally Posted by bkstone
Agreed

+ whatever, particularly as the tag indicates that it was made in the USA.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads