• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

HorseHide

Reaction score
Originally Posted by velomane
Okay, really, am I the only north american in a size 9C? Why the paucity of narrow sized, regular-run Alden shoes?

I'm thinking you're the only north american to use the word "paucity" in a sentence.
sarcasm.gif

rky

Reaction score
Originally Posted by zippyh
Got back from vacation and these were waiting for me, direct from Honolulu. Thanks Tom.

Wow, Baller! Snagged the out of stock #4 PTB's. You must be high up on LS totem pole.
smile.gif

makewayhomer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Okay, really, am I the only north american in a size 9C? Why the paucity of narrow sized, regular-run Alden shoes?

If you are a 9 c barrie last, there is a sick shoe on ebay. Nos hanover black shell ptb 9.5 c for $ 200

velomane

Reaction score
Originally Posted by makewayhomer
If you are a 9 c barrie last, there is a sick shoe on ebay. Nos hanover black shell ptb 9.5 c for $ 200

Thanks for pointing those out. Don't know how I missed that auction given I check daily. I'm not sure I need another pair of black shoes, but I'm definitely thinking about it.

Originally Posted by HorseHide
I'm thinking you're the only north american to use the word "paucity" in a sentence.
sarcasm.gif

Must have something to do with my British wife. That, or a childhood "enhancing my word power" Ã la Reader's Digest.
smile.gif

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What do you fellas think about Norwegian welt?

I'm looking to get a pair of Cigars and the two choices are either Longwings or Norwegian welt. I already have a pair of Longwings in a tan-ish color so I thought about going with the Norwegian welt this time around.

Thanks.

Man with Apple

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just thought I would give Tom with LS a plug. He posted a sneak peak of shoes that will be unveiled at the LSBH trunk show Dec. 3rd and 4th. Can't wait to check these out. The natural cxl looks great, and I am really interested in those plain toes.

Thanks Tom.

pebblegrain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

These aren't regular run.

Spaghettimatt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Two questions:

Besides used, is there any way to get indys cheaper than the 435 retail?

What's the wait generally like on 403s/405s if they don't happen to have your size in stock (in this case, 6D/E)?

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Spaghettimatt
Two questions:

What's the wait generally like on 403s/405s if they don't happen to have your size in stock (in this case, 6D/E)?

You may luck out with sites like J. Crew (accidentally) offering their sales go through with 3rd party collabs like Alden.

The Indy's are very popular, (at least in the 405s) there should be no wait time. Sites like Shoemart stock Indys from size 6-13+ with different widths.

I bought the Indy's as my first pair of Alden back in late August. Today, I just ordered my 7th pair. I really like the quality and comfort level of them.

Spaghettimatt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by wj4
You may luck out with sites like J. Crew (accidentally) offering their sales go through with 3rd party collabs like Alden.

The Indy's are very popular, (at least in the 405s) there should be no wait time. Sites like Shoemart stock Indys from size 6-13+ with different widths.

I bought the Indy's as my first pair of Alden back in late August. Today, I just ordered my 7th pair. I really like the quality and comfort level of them.

Yeah. Debating doing it and making them my winter boot. It's hard to pull the trigger on $435 though.

phantomx48

Reaction score
Can someone give me a recommendation on a good shoe repair shop in the West Los Angeles or surrounding areas that will take care of my Alden's. . .not for major repairs, but more for polishing, loose stitching, etc. Especially someone who has had experience with shell, which I have had trouble finding.

pebblegrain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Spaghettimatt
Two questions:

Used indys go for near $400, so no.

borderline

Reaction score
Originally Posted by wj4
What do you fellas think about Norwegian welt?

I'm looking to get a pair of Cigars and the two choices are either Longwings or Norwegian welt. I already have a pair of Longwings in a tan-ish color so I thought about going with the Norwegian welt this time around.

Thanks.

I just ordered some for my second Alden pair, after the J. Crew brown longwings. Will let you know what I think when they arrive.

hooker4186

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pebblegrain
Used indys go for near $400, so no.

I got a very lightly used pair on B&S back in June for $275. Deals can be had if you're patient.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads