• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Regarding Allen Edmonds fitting (E vs EEE)

zaxer

Reaction score
Hi guys, funny thing happened to me this afternoon.

First of all, I usually wear a 9.5 E size in all Allen Edmonds styles. It fits me well both with lace shoes like the Strand or Monks like the Mora.

The thing is I walked into a small shoe shop that has some Allen Edmonds, I bought a pair of Park Avenues and when I'm paying for them I tell the cashier "If only you had a couple of the (now discontinued) Allen Edmonds Mora in brown suede I would be the happiest man in the world". And he answer "In fact, I had a a pair that's been sitting in the warehouse for months but is a 8.5 EEE".

I told him to bring them back just to see how they look and try to see if they fit (although they are a full number less that I usually wear). I tried them on and... they inexplicably fit. Almost as well (or better for the double monks) than the 9.5E.

How the hell is that possible? No, I'm not wearing the wrong size, I was measured in a AE shop and they told me that was y size, and I've always used one full size less in european shoes (9.5US, 8-5UK).

Can anyone shed some light on this X-File?

neyus

Reaction score
Originally Posted by zaxer

The truth is out there.

zaxer

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Steeze
depends on the last

Steeze read carefully, I'm talking about the very same shoe on the very same last. Both are Allen Edmonds, one in 9.5E and the other in 8.5EEE and both fit well.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score

First of all, I usually wear a 9.5 E size in all Allen Edmonds styles. It fits me well both with lace shoes like the Strand or Monks like the Mora.

The thing is I walked into a small shoe shop that has some Allen Edmonds, I bought a pair of Park Avenues and when I'm paying for them I tell the cashier "If only you had a couple of the (now discontinued) Allen Edmonds Mora in brown suede I would be the happiest man in the world". And he answer "In fact, I had a a pair that's been sitting in the warehouse for months but is a 8.5 EEE".

I told him to bring them back just to see how they look and try to see if they fit (although they are a full number less that I usually wear). I tried them on and... they inexplicably fit. Almost as well (or better for the double monks) than the 9.5E.

How the hell is that possible? No, I'm not wearing the wrong size, I was measured in a AE shop and they told me that was y size, and I've always used one full size less in european shoes (9.5US, 8-5UK).

6gfo7m.jpg

- B

Bartolo

Reaction score

It's a Chanukah miracle, just a few days early. Chag Chanukah Sameach

bellyhungry

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
One of the 2 shoes could have been pulled from the AE Seconds inventory.

michael_legeek

Reaction score
I agree that it depends on the last. I wear AE 9E in some lasts, and AE 9EEE in some others. In shoes not available in widths I usually have to size up quite a bit.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads