• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Site Topics - Part II

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Piobaire
Fok,

What's the news on he annual Xmas charity drive? When are you starting it this year?

I have a ton of stuff on my plate, and this is the side dish. I'm trying to avoid the paperwork this year, and am corresponding with the Ronald McDonald House people to facilitate it so they can accept donations directly through our portal.

I am still looking into being able to allow a choice of charities.

Fok.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teacher
I just thought I'd quote this to draw attention to it, as I'm sure it would have otherwise gotten lost among the comedy and drama of the last several pages.
I use Chrome and it has happened to me. EL, I think you are out of luck.

Your best option is to poast more often, like I do. That way, you can safely assume that if a thread exists, you've probably posted in it, which renders the "my posts" button less useful.
Originally Posted by LA Guy
I have a ton of stuff on my plate, and this is the side dish. I'm trying to avoid the paperwork this year, and am corresponding with the Ronald McDonald House people to facilitate it so they can accept donations directly through our portal.

I am still looking into being able to allow a choice of charities.

Fok.

Check your facebook messages, *****!

EL72

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
I use Chrome and it has happened to me. EL, I think you are out of luck.

Your best option is to poast more often, like I do. That way, you can safely assume that if a thread exists, you've probably posted in it, which renders the "my posts" button less useful.

laugh.gif
Thanks for the tip KW. I like your outside-of-the-box way of thinking.

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
I have a ton of stuff on my plate, and this is the side dish. I'm trying to avoid the paperwork this year, and am corresponding with the Ronald McDonald House people to facilitate it so they can accept donations directly through our portal. I am still looking into being able to allow a choice of charities. Fok.
A choice of charities is all well and good, but I always see this as the members of the Forum pooling together in a partial 'thank you' and that as such a charity of your choice is where we donate. We can choose our own charities for our own giving. So if it makes it easier not to add that functionality... ~ H

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
Why can't we donate to the "J needs beer money fund" or the "buy Fok's kids XMas gifts" fund?

Might I suggest the "Pay Rube's rent" fund?

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why can't we donate to the "J needs beer money fund" or the "buy Fok's kids XMas gifts" fund?
My understanding is that donations for the Forum to j at styleforum.net are always welcomed. ~ H

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dakota rube
Might I suggest the "Pay Rube's rent" fund?
Property in North Dakota for all!
Originally Posted by Huntsman
My understanding is that donations for the Forum to j at styleforum.net are always welcomed. ~ H
Of course they are but it should be an actual charity this year. With tax exempt status and the whole nine yards. I'm sure we could get one of the art nerds to mock up a nice banner logo that could be pasted onto every page.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Huntsman
My understanding is that donations for the Forum to j at styleforum.net are always welcomed.

~ H

Yeah, you can always donate to [email protected], which is our official account. We are talking about donations to an actual charity in this case though.

The Rube fund is a worthy cause, but I prefer that people donate to the more general "Money for People" organization.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Property in North Dakota for all!

Of course they are but it should be an actual charity this year. With tax exempt status and the whole nine yards. I'm sure we could get one of the art nerds to mock up a nice banner logo that could be pasted onto every page.

We donated to the Make-a-Wish Foundation in 2008, and to the Ronald McDonald House in 2009, mainly because I'm a huge misanthrope, but love kids (i.e. people before they grow up to be annoying adults.) We've will probably use up some of the large banner space to do this.

Cheers,

Fok.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Is anyone else getting tired of the obvious and prolific socks?

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Piobaire
Is anyone else getting tired of the obvious and prolific socks?

don't look at me: I got out of the sock business a while ago.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads