• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

someotherstyle

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Threadbearer
Something about this picture suggests that you either really like this outfit or have the hots for your photographer.
bounce2.gif

This made me laugh out loud. Pictures are self shot, so nothing to look at there. Must be the outfit
laugh.gif

Thanks to all the other kind comments. UC, yeah it is the jacket i received the other day. Pants were the first go around.

PARKER - nice brudda!

And Nii, what no linen suit uncle?

-MK

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ManofKent
That's a great Nutter and in wonderful condition. I agree with that noob Mr Corbera about keeping jackets unbuttoned when wearing a waistcoat.

I agree as well. I just wanted to show it in all forms. Should have taken a shot sans waistcoat as well, the jacket fits less tightly that way.

Originally Posted by Neofinitia
Tweed is good.

Picture256.jpg

Picture259.jpg

Awesome...Full Norfolk!

Originally Posted by artoftime
Indeed, nothing like getting kicked in the Nutter! Amazing ensemble...what a work of art. My only crit is that the waistcoat is tight, which distorts the plaid...same with the jacket when buttoned...though with the jacket unbuttoned, it seems to work and look it's best. The kicks take it over the top... Bravo.

Thanks, man. I have been saving the shoes for this fit.
smile.gif
It is a snug suit. I have lost a few pounds and I am in the process of losing some more, it will help the fit. If I shot this with my iPhone I would have looked skinnier. Damn Olympus adds weight.
lol8[1].gif

Originally Posted by Parker
Some awesome looks today. MB, that Tommy Nutter is insane.

Thanks, Parker. I only hope I do as well in the poal as I am certain you will do!

Originally Posted by bleachboy

I seriously think this is the coolest thing I've ever seen on SF. Nutter!
worship.gif
worship.gif

Also, I hate you for snagging that tie!!
smile.gif

Thanks, BB!
worship.gif

Originally Posted by JayJay
The suit was a very good find, and your tailor did a terrific job with it. Very nice look.

Thank you. I really appreciate that.

Mike

MrDaniels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MBreinin
Well, it is an awful rainy day here in New Orleans. Cold too. Perfect day for tweed!!!

Here we go.

Suit by Tommy Nutter, Polo Shirt, Panta Bow, Grenson for Paul Stuart.

Mike

Nutter2.JPG

Nutter7.JPG

Nutter8.JPG

I am speechless. But I know you can get away with it! I bet you got at least 20 comments on the outfit from people you know and 10 from strangers today.

luftvier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Today: My entry is small time compared to you guys. Jeezus.
ffffuuuu.gif
5210294066_cdc71d1dec_z.jpg
5209691159_2fb2032caa_z.jpg
5210291500_ec8bca9f7d_z.jpg
5210291168_502bc64e2b_z.jpg

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MrDaniels
I am speechless. But I know you can get away with it! I bet you got at least 20 comments on the outfit from people you know and 10 from strangers today.

Thank you, sir. I do appreciate it. No work today, but I wore it out for some shopping and lunch with the kids (had to change the shoes since it was raining). Let's say I got some looks from te locals.
lol8[1].gif

Originally Posted by luftvier
Today: My entry is small time compared to you guys. Jeezus.
ffffuuuu.gif

Your look is tight, Lufty. And, that is the shirt I needed!!!
lol8[1].gif

Originally Posted by edmorel
Easily the best outfits WAYWN has seen in ages. MBreinin, Parker, TTO (ex-sweater) smashed it. BB, your best look to date and some great waistcoats and sportcoats from spoo/MoK/lufty. Good looks all.

Thanks, Ed. Your tie was purchased just for this suit!

Mike​

Mr. Claymore

Reaction score
Some great looks today gentlemen. I hope I am able to make time post pictures my outfit. What time do they generally close the contest?

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Easily the best outfits WAYWN has seen in ages.
Yeah, what is it about the tweed theme that brought such fire? Must be slap-bang in the middle of the MC demographic I guess; impressively good day of looks.
teacha.gif

Racing Green

Reaction score
Great stuff one and all. Stuff like this is why I first got hooked on SF. Particular shout outs to Art Of Time, NOBD and M Brienin but kudos to everyone.

niidawg3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Easily the best outfits WAYWN has seen in ages. MBreinin, Parker, TTO (ex-sweater) smashed it. BB, your best look to date and some great waistcoats and sportcoats from spoo/MoK/lufty. Good looks all.

+1 ... i just went over the pages again. amazing entry from you all. Mike i must have missed your shoes the first time i went through - super awesome specs!!

There will be no losers in the voting!!

1280964087790.gif

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
4475fec9.jpg

The perfect jacket, pant and shoe combo. It really brings out the fall colors in the jacket. Bravo.

Originally Posted by someotherstyle

This is one of the best jackets I've seen in a while. Great fit.

Originally Posted by Parker
Cold enough here for the full tweed rig.
tweedchest.jpg

Parker, once again doing it right.......

Originally Posted by luftvier
Today

You really nailed the mix of pattens and colors with the suit, shirt, tie. Great fit too.​

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by niidawg3
+1 ... i just went over the pages again. amazing entry from you all. there will be no losers in the voting!!

well, while everyone looked good, MBreinin's tie obviously takes him to the next level, let's just keep it one hundred.

Neofinitia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ManofKent
I love that coat Neo
smile.gif

Originally Posted by MBreinin

Awesome...Full Norfolk!
e

Originally Posted by Cary Grant
Deets on that swank jacket, Neo?

Much thanks, gentlemen. It is a DS Dundee Ettrick Shooting Jacket -- need to borrow ArtofTime's rig. The Beretta's are not accessible atm.
smile.gif

F. Corbera

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
I had a spread on first, but switched it as I thought the formality of that collar was contradictory to the casualness of the rest of the outfit. Was it a mistake? I thought this collar offered more of a cohesiveness to the look as a whole, rather than what looked better on me.

The tie is a true chocolate silk twill - and it looks exactly like the closeup shot IRL. I wanted something with a bit of a shine, but not too shiny to (again) dress up a more relaxed fit. I wanted to keep it a basic because of the dizzy SC pattern and floral PS.

What would you have done instead of this tie if everything else in the fit was the same?

I distrust that WAYWRN is WYSIWYG when it comes to color/intensity accuracy and balance. So, I think it unwise to be specific about that. Digital photography and a myriad uncorrected monitors on the Internet make for quixotic criticism in this department if pursued zealously.

On the collar shape, my take is a bit different the perspective that you and most today have.

A turndown collar is a turndown collar...there really aren't meaningful differences in "formality" save, perhaps, that a BD collar is bit more informal because of the sporting connotations (less so for Americans where it has been worn since forever with jacket and tie.)

For example, if your premise is that the more cut away the collar, the more formal, you might reassess this belief when you consider a turndown collar in its application closest to formality, which is for black tie. For black tie, you want a bit less, not more, spread, lest your bow and your collar fight a duel to the death for ownership of the same real estate on your shirt.

For me, then, it's not some nuance of formality. The shape of your jacket suggests something Continental, so a plain point tennis collar seemed less apt than a spread or maybe something more sporty like a BD. Nothing more complicated than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads