• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeterParker

Reaction score
Originally Posted by PorterInjax
That would be me! Seriously, put them on one morning, went to JAX, long layover in ATL, then DTW with a missed connection, then on to LSE. Probably a 10 hour wear. They haven't been on feet since then.

Can anyone tell me how to post pics? I read one of the "how to's" yet still ended up with hyperlinks instead of the pics

Those are the same photos from this eBay listing that ended a week ago. What's the deal?

greekgeek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cimabue
Nothing at Sherman for cigaristas.
confused.gif

confused.gif
Chukka boot, Full Strap Penny and the LHS (Ravello 2) all come in Cigar @ Sherman.

PorterInjax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PeterParker
Those are the same photos from this eBay listing that ended a week ago. What's the deal?
I listed them as selling to US only. A person from Denmark asked if I would ship overseas and I said no (plus they had zero feedback). You can pull up the listing and see the email exchange. They decided to still bid and win even though I said no. Anyway, they wouldn't pay the extra shipping and I wouldn't ship n

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
that sucks ... feel your pain

you could always offer to the next highest bidder. i assume you got your final value fee back

PorterInjax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by randomkoreandude
that sucks ... feel your pain

you could always offer to the next highest bidder. i assume you got your final value fee back

I did get the final value fee from eBay but it took over an hour on the phone.

HorseHide

Reaction score
Originally Posted by PorterInjax
I listed them as selling to US only. A person from Denmark asked if I would ship overseas and I said no (plus they had zero feedback). You can pull up the listing and see the email exchange. They decided to still bid and win even though I said no. Anyway, they wouldn't pay the extra shipping and I wouldn't ship n

I guess I'm watching football.
plain.gif

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fellas, how does the Modified last run compare to the TruBalance and Barrie? I know all 3 are suppose to be 1/2 bigger, but as far as nit picking goes...ie the TruBalance is a bit wider than Barrie.

Thanks!

dredey

Reaction score
Two new early Christmas gifts to myself. The Red Wing Beckman GT from J Crew. And Leathersoul Kudu Ultimate Indy. They both serve a different purpose and I couldn't be happier.
cheers.gif
I especially can't get over the unbelievable quality and craftsmanship of the Ultimate Kudu Indy. The leather is spectacular.
inlove.gif
They look so much better in person. I emailed Horween to ask about the Kudu leather and they said the Kudu is a version of their Chromexcel leather.

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Finally got a chance to wear a couple pairs. Wore the J. Crew Longwings yesterday to lunch for about 2 hours and got 3 compliments in that duration. Today, I'm rocking the 405 Indy's. The Indy's definitely feel a bit looser than the Longwings, but nothing to write home about. Both are size 8 (Barrie, TruBalance, respectively). How often do you guys clean your shoes? After each wear? Even if there is no stains/scratches/etc? I'm addicted to Alden now. I have 2 more pairs on my radar.
biggrin.gif

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Got back from vacation and these were waiting for me, direct from Honolulu. Thanks Tom.

4x41.jpg

4x42.jpg

In what passes for sunlight in Seattle in November.
Cigar, whiskey, Ravello, #4, #8.
cordocolors.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Forum statistics

Threads