• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Paris recommendations

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
To be more specific sans the sociology:

1 Bertillon Ice Cream +1

2. Arthur et Fox menswear
My post last year:

I endorse Max Jones' recommendation for Arthur et Fox
on Boulvard St Germaine.I have slacks from them,
one pair of which is over twenty years old and still looks
good. They sell classical British-inspired clothing of very
high quality at relatively reasonable prices.

Other locations:

Arthur et Fox
Rue Vignon
75009 9ème Arrondissement Paris, Paris, France
01 47 42 00 32‎
01 47 42 86 81‎ - Fax

Arthur et Fox
44, Rue Bac
75007 Paris, France
01 45 44 90 40‎

binge

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
10 months ago I had an enjoyable and inexpensive meal with a French colleague at "Le Petit Prince de Paris", 12, rue de Lanneau 75005.
fing02[1].gif

But I left my Howard Yount scarf there.
ffffuuuu.gif

ALFAMALE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I recently stayed at hostel vintage(I was backpacking) rue dunkurque, 55 euros a night was clean and cheap, near a bunch of cafes, mabey 5 mins away from gare nord. Defenetly check out brasserie 1925 terminus nord if you get over there.

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pocketsquareguy
So what?

I'm Parisian and I can't see a problem with it...

20 years ago,we had masses of Japanese and it wasn't then a problem at all...

ville_e

Reaction score
What sights/museums are worth seeing? Anything interesting to do in the evenings? Theatre? Odion?

If anyone has some good recommendations for shirts that would be much appreciated.
cheers.gif

Kingstonian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bexley shoes are good value especially if you like black. Inexpensive wholecut and monk in particular. Leather shines up well. There is a branch near Madeleine and others throughout the city.

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ville_e
What sights/museums are worth seeing? Anything interesting to do in the evenings? Theatre? Odion?

If anyone has some good recommendations for shirts that would be much appreciated.
cheers.gif

The Louvre,Musee d'ORSAY are the main ones ...

The Impresionists are in Orsay and the Louvre is one of the biggest museums in the world...

You have to go there...

Go on the Eiffel tower and the BATEAUX mOUCHES...

It is great especially at night.

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
"My" Paris:

Originally Posted by NOBD
I miss entering Paris by car, the museums (Palais de Tokyo, and many others), the parks (the sailboats and potted palm trees in Luxembourg, the sand of the Tuileries), La Fontaine Stravinsky, the far too strong cigarettes I only smoke in Paris (France), the Pernod I only occasionally drink there, the professional (and sometimes arrogant...) waiters, the hosed-down sidewalks in the morning, the street football tournament for kids at Le Grand Arche, Tom Waits in Le Grand Rex, I even miss the metro... And the light, and the streets, and the buildings. And.

To try and get some Paris in my home, I bought this one for my daughter:

fermobmini.jpg

mrmax

Reaction score
holymadness please dont stop posting, you're frickin hilarious.

also, please plan my next holiday.

holymadness

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ville_e

cheers.gif

Originally Posted by Kingstonian
Bexley shoes are good value especially if you like black. Inexpensive wholecut and monk in particular. Leather shines up well. There is a branch near Madeleine and others throughout the city.
God I hate these threads.
Originally Posted by mrmax
holymadness please dont stop posting, you're frickin hilarious.

also, please plan my next holiday.

I don't know a lot of cities well, but on the plus side I don't talk about them as if I did.

George

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by holymadness
God I hate these threads. I don't know a lot of cities well, but on the plus side I don't talk about them as if I did.
You're being a bit harsh. If you are visiting a city for a short stay an itinerary is a good idea, especially a city like Paris which has lots of attractions. They simply may not have the time to flâner.

Slewfoot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Slewfoot
Lucky bastard! For food I can't recommend highly enough La Villaret northeast of the Place de la Republique. Some good articles written about it if you do a Google search. My wife and I both work in the food and wine industry and we agree it's one of the best meals we've experience. Have fun!

I should also mention Willi's Wine Bar being a fun place for fantastic inexpensive bottles of wine. It works well anytime of night be it before dinner, after dinner or for dinner itself!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads