• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Australian Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

fxh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by johnannemarie
What are you wearing in Australia?
Guys, alot of the photos posted here are from cooler environments. So I was wondering if everyone could start posting pics in here (new or old). I'm still learning, and I would like to get a feel for what Aussies are wearing.

I've got a towel around me just now. Sorry no camera handy.

jobro

Reaction score
thom-browne-men-skirt-suit-street.jpg

ginlimetonic

Reaction score
Originally Posted by johnannemarie
What are you wearing in Australia?
Guys, alot of the photos posted here are from cooler environments. So I was wondering if everyone could start posting pics in here (new or old). I'm still learning, and I would like to get a feel for what Aussies are wearing.

NedKelly01.jpg

This is a classic Aussie outfit... so famous it now resides in a museum

jaypee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone in Melb able to grab me some TODs driving shoes from that Luisa sale?

bhall41

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Smudge
Where do you get your (suit) hangers from? Any tips?

I have used the Hanger Project previously. Verry happy with the hangers I received for suits and jackets.

bhall41

Reaction score
Did anyone else attend Herringbone, Melbourne yesterday evening? They had a sale going with 20% off most merchandise.

Unfortunately, accessories were not discounted - I was thinking of buying a canvas belt. Instead, I ended up buying a powder blue cotton jacket (Osaka cut). Very nice jacket but I left the store considerably poorer than I intended!
laugh.gif

JohnsNotHere

Reaction score
Herringbone Perth has opened. Took a look at lunch time. Being where Phillippe Perzi used to be, there is not a lot of floor space so it's a pretty limited range.

4 suits on offer, charcoal, navy, mid grey pinstripe, khaki cotton. No C&J's. Lots of shirts, limited number of ties.

Still, good to have another option in Perth.

fxh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Smudge
Where do you get your (suit) hangers from? Any tips?

Best ones I got have wide wooden shoulders and a hinged clip/dowel with wire to keep pants sliding. They are from The Hyatt and my access to the supply is limited *ahem cough*

The next best were from K Mart almost the same except without a dowel clip for pants but they do have a PVC ribbed covering on dowel to stop slippage - and they were only around $3- 5 each. I've never seen them back there since i got my last lot.

edit: K Mart were pretty much the same as these below but not dark polished , perhaps even wider shoulder flares. $5 vs $75
http://www.hangerproject.com/mens-ha...t-hangers.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads