• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Wine Thread

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton
What I don't understand is that it's not hard to check this information on the Web and not make these ****** mistakes. If you are going to pose as a bigtimer, why not spend the extra time to get it right?

Big timers don't know **** about wine anyway...

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Hey, moron, you were the one who said that Pichon-Lalande was a "barrel selection" of Leoville. Hard to keep the lies straight, I understand, but there is a written record. Just check it before you post again. Not hard. That way you can stay consistent.

Mark from Plano

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
What I don't understand is that it's not hard to check this information on the Web and not make these ****** mistakes. If you are going to pose as a bigtimer, why not spend the extra time to get it right?
Probably too much work. The model usually is to come in with bluster, throw a few roundhouse insults around, see if you can get everyone riled up, then flame out in a massive fireball like we've just seen here. Since the persona has no shelf life, no point in actually putting forth effort. I will agree though that as troll attempts go this one has been unusually pathetic.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Louis Cyphre;3834142 said:
You'll be banned again within 20 minutes but still it's worth flagging this.

You have been caught repeatedly posting idiotic falsehoods as "expertise." This is but one example. And this is your response?

Here is the website for the Chateau in question:

http://www.pichon-lalande.com/

That is the primary wine which is a 2nd growth. They don't even mention the 2nd and 3rd barrel selections that were not deemed good enough to go into it and are sold under different names on their site.They know that they can sell off the first barrel selections which go into their brand(Pichon Lalande or do I have to write the full name out for you noobs) They also try to sell the 2nd barrel selection to the naive by trading on their top wine name with some variation but in reality it may be no better than a generic Bordeaux in many cases since barrel selection is one of the things that make a top wine. In the old days the barrels that were considered inferior to put into the top name wine in this case a 2nd growth were just sold off as bulk wine. They did this in bad years as well when the wine was not up to the Chateau's name.This is why you sometimes see gaps in years for the top wines in the past but due to better technology today failed crops are now rare.

Dude, you're attempting to troll people that obviously know waaaaayyy more about wines than you. Maybe start a thread about fountain pens when you get banned and create a new alias?

audiophilia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some bottles from home and a tasting at friends' place.

The 2009 Brooks Pinot was a youngun. Too young, but a very pleasant wine that will deepen with age. The Paso Syrah from Austin Hope was very good. Great flavour with very good balance and a long finish. A powerful wine, if you know what I mean. Needs a hunk of meat to go with it. My favourite of the week was the inexpensive Decoy Cab. Just a beaut of a wine. Duckhorn really knows its stuff. One of my favourite wineries with excellent wine from bottom up.

wineweeknov5.jpg

wineweeknov1.jpg

wineweeknov2.jpg
wineweeknov4.jpg
wineweeknov.jpg
wineweeknov3.jpg

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Louis Cyphre;3834142 said:
You'll be banned again within 20 minutes but still it's worth flagging this.

You have been caught repeatedly posting idiotic falsehoods as "expertise." This is but one example. And this is your response?

Here is the website for the Chateau in question:

http://www.pichon-lalande.com/

That is the primary wine which is a 2nd growth. They don't even mention the 2nd and 3rd barrel selections that were not deemed good enough to go into it and are sold under different names on their site.They know that they can sell off the first barrel selections which go into their brand(Pichon Lalande or do I have to write the full name out for you noobs) They also try to sell the 2nd barrel selection to the naive by trading on their top wine name with some variation but in reality it may be no better than a generic Bordeaux in many cases since barrel selection is one of the things that make a top wine. In the old days the barrels that were considered inferior to put into the top name wine in this case a 2nd growth were just sold off as bulk wine. They did this in bad years as well when the wine was not up to the Chateau's name.This is why you sometimes see gaps in years for the top wines in the past but due to better technology today failed crops are now rare.

I have already explained this in two prior posts. I even linked their website. This spinning is pathetic. You have no idea what you are talking about. None.

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Louis Cyphre
You didn't even know that until I told which is why you are so defensive like all proles.
seriously? who the **** doesn't know about romanee conti. there's even a manga about it.
preparation_h.jpg
because clearly you're butt hurt. go **** your 16 year old hooker girlfriend. make sure she gets some cab fare.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Just got texted from the somm at one of our spots. He's doing a Pinot tasting tomorrow and wanted to make sure we knew about it.
laugh.gif

The trick is to not get lured into a $300 dinner too.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Piobaire
Just got texted from the somm at one of our spots. He's doing a Pinot tasting tomorrow and wanted to make sure we knew about it.
laugh.gif

The trick is to not get lured into a $300 dinner too.

Haha, proley prole can't afford a mere $300 dinner.

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Wines for today's feast are:

Michel Neillon 2006 Chassagne Montrachet

Hartford Court 2007 "Land's Edge" Pinot Noir

ama

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Team Louis Cyphre doesn't have the same ring to it as Team Petrus. Sorry man, I'm joining Team Pio.

Mark from Plano

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ama
Team Louis Cyphre doesn't have the same ring to it as Team Petrus. Sorry man, I'm joining Team Pio.
It's 'Team Lucifer', prole.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Haha, proley prole can't afford a mere $300 dinner.

Well played.

Originally Posted by ama

fistbump.gif

ama

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mark from Plano
It's 'Team Lucifer', prole.

Lucifer isn't even taken as a screen name on the forvm.
confused.gif

6a0105349ca980970c01156f1e3b31970c-800wi

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
I hate wax capsules and the magnum of Sea Smoke I'm popping for tonight's dinner has one.
frown.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads