• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many miles did you run today?

samblackbones

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by 1up
Think it'd be possible for me to begin training for the NY marathon next year? I'm a relatively in shape guy 5'10 170 pounds 12ish% bf, but I have difficulty with long distance running. I work out quite consistently (3-4 times a week alternating between weights and cardio - which is usually eliptical).

I participated in 1 race (10k) a couple years ago and it took me 59 minutes (lots of elderly women surpassed me
frown.gif
)

Think it's feasible if I begin training now? Much of the running would have to be indoors and on a treadmill as it is winter here.

If you are willing to follow through with the training a marathon is no doubt possible. As was mentioned you really just need to commit to the idea that you are going to spend some serious time in your running shoes. When I trained for my first race I just used the middle of the road marathon plan http://www.nycmarathon.org/training/...g_schedule.htm at that link.
9 yesterday
8 tonight
10k race tmro - hopefully I will run sub 6's

Kid Nickels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
about 3.5 at the the park in Central, Victoria Harbor. Beautiful day today... mid 70's, sunny, no humidity. Asia is perfect this time of year... now where's my turkey damn it!

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pre turkey dinner 5 mile run this morning. Snow expected tomorrow.

samblackbones

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
10 km this morning in 37:47 9th place in a fun run . . .
Really happy about that because I am not a fast guy!
happy thanksgiving yall.

gamelan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sun - 10 mile run
Tues - 1x250 breast, 1x500 free, 1x500 free, 1x250 breast, 1x200 free, 3x100 free sprints, 30 mins on elliptical because all the treadmills were taken
Wed - 7 mile run
Thurs - 18.2 mile bike ride, 5.3 mile run (~500ft elevation gain) - not the hardest workout but quite possibly the most consistently painful

and tonight i will eat all the roast beef i can muster.

-Jeff

dawit

Reaction score
8k today. Long run tomorrow probably about 14k.

Need new running shoes... I want to try Asics or Saucony tho I've only been runing in Nike.

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
4 miles. Ran like a stuffed turkey. (Wonder why???) Good Lord, it's cold outside. Windchill of 20 degrees. Ice patches on the road here and there. Gotta find where I put those Smart Wool leg tights.
rotflmao.gif

kgmessier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I threw out my back Monday morning"”badly enough to end up in the ER. Today's my first day back since, and man did I feel it. Amazing how out-of-whack one can feel after just a few days without cardio.

2.97 miles in 25:44 (avg. 8:40 min/mi)

Today's shuffle playlist:

Tool - "The Patient"
Rush - "Witch Hunt"
The Black Crowes - "Oh Well [Live]"
Aerosmith - "Sight for Sore Eyes"
The Beatles - "Don't Pass Me By"
Radiohead - "The National Anthem [Alternate Version]"

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by samblackbones
10 km this morning in 37:47 9th place in a fun run . . . Really happy about that because I am not a fast guy! happy thanksgiving yall.
wait - what? not a fast guy??? PLZ. Taking a few days off right now: the bridge-fixing weekend took more out of me than I reckoned, and then Tgiving wasn't at all restful, and I have no sleep-in days this weekend, sooo...maybe Sunday but I think I'll just wait until I get the old bounce in my legs again.

samblackbones

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
11.5 on a beautiful san diego evening. I have pretty much switched full time to my Asics Speedstars.

antirabbit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
9 miles on Thanksgiving day on the Heritage Trail in IA.
nothing yesterday.
Will run 10 this morning and then drive back to Chicago.

gamelan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
13.8 in 1:55. that puts me at 1:49 and change for the half. closest i've come to my 1:45 goal time.

-Jeff

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads