• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abliss

Reaction score
Originally Posted by constant struggle
http://www47.homepage.villanova.edu/michael.scarpa/waywt11252010.JP ndg boo apc loake for herringshoes happy thanksgiving[/I]
Very nice! Could i get you to elaborate regarding APC? & the sweater if you happen to know [IMG]https://www.styleforum.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Abraxis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AR_Six
Gonna say they're NS. I like that NDG particularly - I have the tiger fleece version coming today hopefully but the marled one is better.

Which model SNS was that in your fit? Collar is amazing.

Dr Huh?

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Uncontrol
There is a very limited range of diversity between regulars there.

Although, that's kind of understandable. A lot of these guys dress that way when they go to work. In such a setting it's no surprise if after a while things become stagnant.

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Abraxis
Which model SNS was that in your fit? Collar is amazing.

Scarf is SNS. Sweater is Nom de Guerre. I could have even proxied a BNWT L in a darker brown than that a week ago in the same sweater, but people slept and no one bit on it. As it stands I'm waiting on delivery of one in blue / white.

Abraxis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AR_Six
Scarf is SNS. Sweater is Nom de Guerre. I could have even proxied a BNWT L in a darker brown than that a week ago in the same sweater, but people slept and no one bit on it. As it stands I'm waiting on delivery of one in blue / white.

Ah thanks for the info/correction. Definitely curious how the blue/white one looks, but the color in the one you have now is phenomenal. The idea of a darker brown isn't nearly as appealing as this one looks
smile.gif
(At least that is what I tell myself to make myself feel better).

berlin report

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Uncontrol
Well, I am trying to branch out more, just accumulating pieces ...
smile.gif

However, I understand what you're saying. The difference is that this entire forum isn't about my singular style! In MC, everyone is pretty much posting the same things. There is a very limited range of diversity between regulars there.

Good point about the diversity on this side although I'm sure they would say we just don't see the subtle differences in the shoulders/lapels/stance and all the little details that make the suits so different from one another
smile.gif
Truth be known I find MC rather intimidating and since I don't have to deal very much with suiting then I leave it pretty much alone. I'd love to own a really good suit though.

UrbanComposition

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Day Off...
Recently%20Updated6.jpg
Jacket: Troysmith Shirt: no-name thrifted band collar Jeans: Levi's Twill (tailor tapered) Shoes: Red Wings 2233 with zipper kit

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
^you mean you got today off???

Everything seems to fit a bit too perfectly maybe even small on gavroche not sure I like it.

AR6 you've become far too obsessed with super skinny pants.

Abliss

Reaction score
Originally Posted by constant struggle
apc are PS.. sized same as my new cures, i could have probably went down 1 more... sweater is nom de guerre - high neck sweater
Great, highly appriciated. A few more, would you say that the NDG is a "jacker" sweater or more a layer piece? And, could i perhaps get you to switch to the NC's and if you have more APC's and perhaps stand in similar position - would like the see the difference in each jean. I have Cure, and New Standard on the way, and so far i find the Cure a bit to roomy for my liken. UrbanComposition, you continue to post very nice fits. But remember to post details on each picture. A lot of it is what i am looking for, a more mature approach, but not entirely MC sterile.

UrbanComposition

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Abliss
... remember to post details on each picture...
My bad...

Jacket: Troysmith
Shirt: no-name thrifted band collar
Jeans: Levi's Twill (tailor tapered)
Shoes: Red Wings 2233 with zipper kit

luftvier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Happy Thanksgiving.: Day started snowy, then turned sleety, now on and off rain and 40 degrees. Coat's a bit short per the "rules" and trou are a bit long for my preference, but not worth fiddling with for now. Hopefully neither too boring nor stodgy.
5206793169_90f838907b_z.jpg
5206792601_073a2d7f12_z.jpg
5207391590_4ac46f3bf7_z.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads