• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

genericman

Reaction score
similar in quality, workmenship, value? i believe ps and ndc are blake-rapid. Paul Smith Cukor vs. NDC Christophe V.
1ekhaq.jpg
25zied3.jpg
Paul Smith Ricard (leather sole) vs NDC Sandro
sctdah.jpg
20hlsnc.jpg

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Ricards are the sexiest

lmaozedong

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by snowmanxl
palladiums are supposed to be rugged, they should fit in with what you need them for.
for those who know of klaxon howl, matt had a vintage pair that the Israeli army wore...cool stuff.

in other boot news: ive recently purchased a pair of rag and bone mallory boots in blk nubuck, i like everything about them except that they are made in china. i dislike that oki-ni failed to pint it out, and forward stated that they are made in the usa, its more of a dislike on principal than the fact that they are made in china.

i would need something suitable for a boot tuck with jeans and trousers. the butteros would do the trick for both in my opinion but ive never had a pair and heard they run big. i wear a 42 in MMM should i get a 41. iirc "shoebox" wears a 42 in mmm and got a 40 in buttero? any input would be great.

I don't get the principle of not wearing things made in China. It just seems like you're keeping yourself from enjoying the boots you have and giving yourself an excuse to buy another pair. If the quality is fine just wear em and if it bothers you so much make sure you buy made in Italy next time.

I hate to be the jerk one but I don't understand your obsession with boot tuck. I think it takes a very specific kind of look and a very specific body type to do boot tucks well in the manner you're going for and you don't really have either. Keep trying if you really like the look but I feel like a lot of your looks would be greatly benefitted if you wore jeans with less extreme taper pulled over your boots.

Cote

Reaction score
Originally Posted by snowmanxl
ive recently purchased a pair of rag and bone mallory boots in blk nubuck, i like everything about them except that they are made in china. i dislike that oki-ni failed to pint it out, and forward stated that they are made in the usa, its more of a dislike on principal than the fact that they are made in china.
The upside to R&B being made in China is that you're paying less for an excellent product, due to production costs being lower
tounge.gif

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AR_Six
Augusta horse leather... 800. Problem is they're not black. If they were black I would do it. I am waffling. Maybe I could dye them black or something.

Love these

This is kind of what I'm thinking. But if they can be easily dyed the colour I want they are perfect.

Do not get them and dye them; they are perfect as-is and will be right for someone else (like me if they were us10). Buy the boots you want.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
yes, color is much better irl

!B-Cey1QEGk~$(KGrHqZ,!h4EzLtF2yk(BM7hTsIPKw~~0_12.JPG

Augusta horse leather... 800. Problem is they're not black. If they were black I would do it. I am waffling. Maybe I could dye them black or something.

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thekunk07
yes, color is much better irl

agreed, don't get these for dyeing

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
This is kind of what I'm thinking. But if they can be easily dyed the colour I want they are perfect.
Do not destroy those beautiful boots.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics