• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Official new iPhone 4

TheD0n

Reaction score
Originally Posted by TheD0n
The feature I look forward to most is the 17 new messaging tones because the original 6 suck.
Update: the new ones are even worse - I don't want to hear a 5-second tone every time I receive a text.

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by harvey_birdman
I got drunk over the weekend and threw my iPhone3gs into a brick wall so I went and got the version 4. Not bad. I like the metal rather than the plastic and the screen is noticeably better.
Sounds like a Conne moment; if Conne didn't throw like a girl.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
How are people still buying these things knowing they are defective? I mean, I know why Apple does it, because they are soulless cocksuckers who don't give a **** about their customers, but I just can't wrap my head around that. Plus, they stopped the case program, which I really don't understand. The whole thing just boggles the mind.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Find my iphone works perfectly, should have had this from the start.

skywalker

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
Find my iphone works perfectly, should have had this from the start.
seriously, eventually many phones start getting the features and apple has to give in. Sigh. I'm still waiting to see if the iphone 4 comes out for verizon, I know rumors have been going around. I trust WSJ though, so hopefully it'll be here in January. I'll be sad if it doesn't though, since I could've got it months ago on AT&T

holymadness

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
How are people still buying these things knowing they are defective? I mean, I know why Apple does it, because they are soulless cocksuckers who don't give a **** about their customers, but I just can't wrap my head around that. Plus, they stopped the case program, which I really don't understand. The whole thing just boggles the mind.
Shrug. The antenna problem is real but in practice completely negligible. You should try using one instead of just believing the anti-hype.

jessis

Reaction score
I actually get better reception than my previous Blackberry Bold on the same network provider. Very happy all round except the notification for emails is lacking.

breakz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by holymadness
Shrug. The antenna problem is real but in practice completely negligible. You should try using one instead of just believing the anti-hype.
Yeah seriously. I posted about how the iPhone 4 was a big disaster for Apple...well, I got a 4 and I couldn't be happier. The phone works perfectly fine. The antenna thing is a non-starter, btw--the phone's made of glass, you better have it in a case.

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by breakz
Yeah seriously. I posted about how the iPhone 4 was a big disaster for Apple...well, I got a 4 and I couldn't be happier. The phone works perfectly fine.

The antenna thing is a non-starter, btw--the phone's made of glass, you better have it in a case.

Not really, I know plenty of people without cases on their iPhone 4's and they have no problems. I'm waiting for the naysayers to attack the glass as a major design flaw.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Yeah seriously. I posted about how the iPhone 4 was a big disaster for Apple...well, I got a 4 and I couldn't be happier. The phone works perfectly fine.

The antenna thing is a non-starter, btw--the phone's made of glass, you better have it in a case.

wait, wut? you got one now?

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by holymadness
Yeah seriously. I posted about how the iPhone 4 was a big disaster for Apple...well, I got a 4 and I couldn't be happier. The phone works perfectly fine. The antenna thing is a non-starter, btw--the phone's made of glass, you better have it in a case.
I'm not opposed to the iPhone in any way. Don't lump me in with Slim. In fact, I think its the best overall platform on the market. All I'm wondering is how people are buying a product with a known defect? They haven't admitted to a fix yet, right? Nor did they announce anything when the free case program ended. Its almost like the whole thing never happened.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
I can't detect any defects with my phone, been 5 months of flawless pimpin.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
My 3GS died tonight so I'll be moving to the 4 sooner than expected. Fortunately I have a spare 3G that I'm now syncing.
ffffuuuu.gif

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
Don't lump me in with Slim.

The box. You opened it. We came.
appinhead.gif

breakz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
wait, wut? you got one now?

Yup. Awesome phone. StarTac wasn't cutting it.

The defect is really a non-issue. I've lost zero calls because of it, and I knew I wouldn't lose any bc of how I hold the phone.

I bought a phone with a known defect bc (a) I was going to get a case anyway, and (b) I'm locked to AT&T so I don't have any other good phone options. Still, I'm happy with the 4.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads