• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wes Bourne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jjl5000
The 19 is more pointed and is similar to say the EG 82, where as the 48 is more soft square - perhaps somewhere between a 202 and 606.

Noted, thanks for the description.

Btw, how many bal boots does that make?

Originally Posted by Burton
I think if the Chestnut Adelaide had been photographed straight on you could more readily see the difference in the lasts. The difference is subtle, but not as subtle as the photography is making it look.

Yup, you're probably right about the angle of the pics because there sure is a difference in the last comparison pic.

A Guy from Shanghai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
AS Moore (to handgrade spec) on the 19 last in burnished chestnut...

and the same again in vintage cherry on the 48 last...

and finally, latest MTO boots from EG in olive / loden suede / chestnut...

All look freaking noice.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
God, I love this threak. You'll will often get a few pages of talking and the occasional recrafted shoe, then someone like jjl5000 drops this ******* NEUTRON BOMB of pron. No one knew it was coming except for him.

But I do like the efforts of refurbishment that people are making and sharing.
cheers.gif

jjl5000

Reaction score
Thanks to all for compliments. I have to say I am especially pleased with the bal boots.

Originally Posted by Wes Bourne
...how many bal boots does that make?

Five
blush.gif
plus 1 pair I bought for my wife from C&J.

Wes Bourne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Five
blush.gif
plus 1 pair I bought for my wife from C&J.

This calls for a group shot, including that calf/suede gallosh oxford you have!
smile.gif

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It is worth noting that the MTOs (as opposed to sale shoes) are better finished, especially in the waist where a distinct yet subtle fiddle is present. It's not as prominent as the AS, more a gentle arc but appealing none the less.

imo, this is a construction detail?

Aldehyde

Reaction score
Burton;3829920 said:

EGShannon4.jpg

Beautiful! A very interesting boot. I love the suede but perhaps would have not used the chestnut contrast. With 5 pair of bal boots however, i'm sure your looking for features to differentiate them.

Cheers!

jjl5000

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Wes Bourne
This calls for a group shot, including that calf/suede gallosh oxford you have!
smile.gif

smile.gif
Perhaps an adelaide group shot first?

Originally Posted by fritzl
imo, this is a construction detail?

I don't know enough about the construction to be sure. What I can say is that I have several 'sale' shoes with square waists, where no effort to raise and shape the waist has been made at all. That suggests it's not essential but rather a finishing detail?

I would welcome further input on this.

Aldehyde;3830805 said:
Originally Posted by Burton

Beautiful! A very interesting boot. I love the suede but perhaps would have not used the chestnut contrast. With 5 pair of bal boots however, I'm sure your looking for features to differentiate them. Cheers!

Thanks - I once had a pair of alpine walking boots with a green calf upper and chestnut bellows tongue, which helped inspire this creation. Personally, I think the olive and chestnut work well but that's only my opinion of course.

Wes Bourne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
smile.gif
Perhaps an adelaide group shot first?

You better not be teasin!
laugh.gif

jjl5000

Reaction score
Adelaide group shot for your viewing pleasure...[Photo's taken on wife's compact camera so not great I'm afraid]

Adelaide1.jpg

Adelaide2.jpg

Adelaide3.jpg

Adelaide4.jpg

Adelaide5.jpg

Adelaide6.jpg

Adelaide7.jpg

Adelaide8.jpg

Adelaide9.jpg

Adelaide10.jpg

Adelaide11.jpg

jjl5000

Reaction score
Originally Posted by rebel222
Great collection. You should try them on. Maybe even walk outside with them.

laugh.gif
I have... those would be the pairs in rotation which I didn't include in the pics.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads