• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Official Events and PSA thread

agsdad

Reaction score
The Allen-Edmonds web site shows 'after Thanksgiving Event' that starts Thursday online. 40-50% off 'selected' shoes.

ahock

Reaction score
Originally Posted by AnGeLiCbOrIs
The merlot Park Avenue for $175 is an absolute steal! The size 11.5D Martegani Reggio in brown is $139. Buy! Buy! Buy! I picked up a Martegani Lucca2 in cognac for $189. I also jumped on the Ralph Lauren Terry drivers for $63.
Not sure what the issue is, but the discount is not showing up in my cart. I called customer service and they had me put through my order and credited me back the 30%. $119 for a pair of a.testoni Men's Lugg Sole Moccasin!!!! Well worth the 15 minutes on the phone!!
biggrin.gif

david123

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ahock
Not sure what the issue is, but the discount is not showing up in my cart. I called customer service and they had me put through my order and credited me back the 30%.
$119 for a pair of a.testoni Men's Lugg Sole Moccasin!!!! Well worth the 15 minutes on the phone!!
biggrin.gif

The discount doesn't show up until the final confirmation page. It was probably working just fine for you, but you saw the normal price in the cart. I got the Lucca2 in Cognac -- excited for them.

Shikar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The size 11.5D Martegani Reggio in brown is $139. Buy! Buy! Buy!

Done. Thanks.

Regards.

skywalker

Reaction score
Anyone know if a Loro Piana sale is coming up?
I want the showdream/snowdream jacket. (I saw it on neiman marcus spelled showdream....)

I remember when I last bought a sweater. The guy said a sale would be coming near the end of the month, but he made it seem like it was just for that store.

Joenobody0

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by makewayhomer
anyone expect BB Black Friday sales? whats the dilly? any shell on sale?

It's the same ****** sale they ran last year. 15% off unless you use their card. Then it's around 20% off. The outlets are having something like 40% + some additional kicker, if that's your sort of thing.

slappy

Reaction score
Hickey is going to be on Gilt Friday. I like these suits, they are fused I believe but the styling is very nice. If the prices are reasonable Ill pick one up

YoungAmerican

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by slappy
Hickey is going to be on Gilt Friday. I like these suits, they are fused I believe but the styling is very nice. If the prices are reasonable Ill pick one up

Half-canvassed, actually. Pretty nice.

UnFacconable

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The merlot Park Avenue for $175 is an absolute steal!

The size 11.5D Martegani Reggio in brown is $139. Buy! Buy! Buy!

I picked up a Martegani Lucca2 in cognac for $189.

I also jumped on the Ralph Lauren Terry drivers for $63.

Looks like someone beat me to it, just came here to post the same info. Picked up the Lucca2 in cognac (I think we're the same size as well - 10 in Lucca2?).

Great chance to get a shoe made from the vaunted, and no longer available, museum calf that Lobb uses (Martegani calls it radica but it's the same calf as museum). That was the thing that put me over the edge on this deal.

slappy

Reaction score
How does the Lucca2 fit? I have an Alden in 11 on the Barrie last though it's a bit large. Would an 11.5 Lucca be way too big? I would just get an 11 but they are out. Love that leather though

UnFacconable

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by slappy
How does the Lucca2 fit? I have an Alden in 11 on the Barrie last though it's a bit large. Would an 11.5 Lucca be way too big? I would just get an 11 but they are out. Love that leather though

I believe that Ron Rider has stated in posts here that the last for the Lucca runs true to size at and above size 11. I am by no means an expert, but I find the 10.5 I have to be barely larger than the 10, which would support this postulation. It might be worth doing some searching to confirm.

Found it:

Originally Posted by RIDER
Yes....75 runs pretty 'true', as true is a variable concept anyway. Of our lasts, 3B runs large for customers with size 10 and below feet (if we take A/E as a base fit, for example) and 75 would 34 = be same sizes as A/E. A couple of our lasts run small, but this is mainly our low vamp lasts (19 and 17). All the 4- lasts run the same.

3B = a little large
75 = normal
74 1/2 size small
19 = 1 size small
17 1/2 size small
46 = normal
41 = normal
42 = a little big....high instep
40 = normal
35 = normal
34 = normal
7Y = a little bit tight (lower than normal)over the instep
4A = normal

I posted a long post sometime ago about fits and the translations....I'll have to try to search for it, but this should help some.

Ron

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads