• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

luftvier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nil
Actually, I can. As I'm older and richer, I probably have a more impressive arsenal than you. I shoot expert in the SSP division of IDPA so I know how to use them also.
@Nil Those are impressive credentials - no sarcasm intended. I am not a great shot. @AR / db_ggmm/ lmaozedong- I am just trying to have some fun with a cross over to this board. I know that our POVs differ on virtually everything. But I am being abrasive, so I'll back off on the criticism, deal?

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
^ you are like the guy who wasn't expected at the house party to begin with, but stays til the end, and ends up bartering for couch rent.

slack tide

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can't take luft's post seriously with that damn avatar hahahh

and n/h to eason but living in Zhu Hai/HK/Macao or wtf, you better get mad ***** bro

brad-t

Bae Blade
Reaction score
Luftvier has yet to explain why a longer jacket is "better" other than it being "classic/timeless/traditional" or whatever so I'm just going to assume he actually has no idea why he prefers it.

Also re Bobo: Did anyone say Listi's fit was better than Luft's? I didn't like Listi's fit haha

slack tide

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I seriously thought you were going to like listis fit based purely on the boots

did you at least like the boots?

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
love that jil blazer, did you ever get the pants?
9bmcuv.jpg
BLACK PANTS

luftvier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Uncontrol-To my eye, a jacket of traditional length properly breaks the figure in a pleasing way. There's a balance between the torso and legs that aids in creating the illusion of the "ideal" masculine figure's proportions.

That, coupled with the industry's tradition of cutting women's coats shorter leads me to these conclusions.

I can only recommend that one tries on a jacket of more traditional length to see the difference himself. I had many short jackets until recently; my preferences changed, though, and I prefer longer coats now.

Fwiw, for those who prefer BBBF/ shorter jackets, I have a 36s gold/olive sharkskin sack suit from the 60s if anyone wants it. Just pay shipping ($12) and it's yours. PM for photos and measurements.

@AR. I like this a lot. I would wear this proudly, though would have added a tie- maybe a solid black long or bowtie - but you know how we elderly folk are about our ties.

brad-t

Bae Blade
Reaction score
Originally Posted by slack tide
I seriously thought you were going to like listis fit based purely on the boots did you at least like the boots?
well, yes, i own the same boots (except mine are zip) i like the pants too (i own them but they're too small now), it just doesn't go with the top half and the poofy sidecombed hair destroys any chances the fit had

GlenCoe

Reaction score
Eurocyclist's SC looks short, as does Eason's (previous post), end of story. It's not about what point should your jacket reach it's about how it suits your proportions.

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
Originally Posted by nicelynice
love that jil blazer, did you ever get the pants?
No, and the blazer is about a size too big now. Which is to say, it fits in mc-land. Which doesn't work as well for a marble blazer. I think I'll keep it unless I really need money for something in case I gain 10 lbs.

XenoX101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Eason
I don't know if this is what listi was going for, but I went for it:
14a6v9.jpg

Originally Posted by AR_Six
Eason wins the burgundy pant contest. I guess this can be my entry.

046bs.jpg

Really liking both of these, probably my favourite from 'AR_Six'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads