• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DLester
did 75% of SWD go to law school?-- jezzus. I am pretty sure 95% of MC did.
Strange thing is, 99% of lawyers (100% in my personal experiences) dress like ****

darkknight

Reaction score
Originally Posted by SuperBobo
^^yea. But I dont see why/how skinny jeans (or atleast jeans that skinny) should hang out with a pocket square.

b55507837-ac-4275xf6x0600x0401-m.jpg

it's called steeeeeeeeeez.

Listi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^yea. But I dont see why/how skinny jeans (or atleast jeans that skinny) should hang out with a pocket square.
They're not jeans. They're cords. Also, for everyone hatin', do realize that I still wear all my old fits and haven't shopped since August (nor will I be shopping until summer starts again.)

db_ggmm

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
look at this giant pile of ****

Originally Posted by luftvier
sarcasm.gif

Short jackets look like one of two things:
1) Juvenile
2) Feminine.

Which do you prefer?

I was a short jacket fan for a long while (look at my old WAYRNs). But that looked silly. So I evolved.

Pot. Kettle.

Can yours mean: "wears coats too short in the body, too long in the sleeve, buttons both buttons, then tries to justify it as fashion"?
confused.gif

You have much to learn, young Padwan.

sarcasm.gif

Hey you kids, get off my lawn.

Please poast moar fits. I want to see your steez.

I am probably younger and poorer. But I can also rock a gun club. Can you?
nest.gif

lmaozedong

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by db_ggmm
look at this giant pile of ****

short succinct and to the point. +192198 luftvier is by far the worst of the mc-sw&d crossovers.

UrbanComposition

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thekunk07
fit is fine just poop first next time

There is a time and place for anal expulsion. I've seen it done well once, with two girls, and one cup.

srsly tho your comment made me laf
lol8[1].gif
i dunno why i make that face but im not a model i just take pictures plus i'm kinda squinty all the time.

Originally Posted by KitAkira
I feel like even MCers would find this long, 2nd joint of the middle finger? That would hit half to two-thirds down my thigh. I like my jackets to hit at the metacarpophalangeal of the thumb and I consider that pretty conservative.

You may be right, the jacket might be a little long (this was also commented on in MC), and after wearing it couple more times, I may have it shortened, but only an inch. I really like the lines on this jacket; it has a look I really prefer: open quarters, which this jacket does nicely - the lapel roll and the quarters create a curve from top to bottom. This is merely a style choice, but it is the one that I think is the best. Of course, this is purely personal opinion. And as noted, it might be a bit long. But just a bit.

I do have some shorter jackets that I wear with slimmer jeans/khakis. The jacket, in this instance, is just meant to evoke a look: that of a suit, and as such, probably shouldn't look exactly like a suit coat. An orphaned suit coat looks bad enough with odd trousers, and casually it looks redic. A short cropped jacket suggests you like to dress up a little more than just wearing a t-shirt and windbreaker, and paired with appropriately casual/kickass boots & jeans, can give one a look of swagger & teh hotniss.

A short jacket on a suit, tho, is always silly. Besides,
Originally Posted by jet
Everyone knows the longer the coat the bigger the dick.
...you wouldn't want to give someone the wrong impression, would you?
devil.gif

GlenCoe

Reaction score
facepalm.gif

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GraphicNovelty
[...] not a fan of that inbetween neon-y blue, though color settings on the photo might be adjusted to accentuate the color more (speaking in particular to the bottom-right photo).

You're right. I didn't have enough natural light, so I switched on a lamp. I tried to adjust the white balance for that, but the pics came out too blue. The colours in the pics for the MC does SW&D challenge are more true to life (not the b/w ones of course...).

bluemagic

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
come on, how can their be disussion on who looks best in a jacket and wine pants - listi or luftvier? The latters jacket might be a bit too wide and on the conservative side, but none of listis clothes work together and/or fit. Looks like he went blindfolded into a weekday store (or hot topic in the us maybe).

This isnt about being age appropriate. Synthese looks very youthful, but always well put together. super skinny pants, beatle boots, cropped jacket and a tie...doesnt.

+1

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
I don't know if this is what listi was going for, but I went for it:
14a6v9.jpg

GlenCoe

Reaction score
^ 100% uncontrol's gaze

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads