• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Viccel.com socks

KemalOnyurt

Reaction score
Originally Posted by aleksandr
It shows mid calf at $8.11 and OTC at $11.11. And I do not see the styleforum discount language.

I found IE6.0.2900.5512 in one of our pcs and it seems working when I click the link.

If you cant see discount indication, we will send you extra 1/4 of total order quantity

I m not sure I could describe clearly, here is what I mean,

1pr extra in 4 prs order
2prs extra in 8 prs order
3prs extra in 12 prs order

Please send us mail about your membership in style forum after making order so you will get extra pairs.

fxh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My work uses IE6 too. For the life of me I can't understand why. And everything is on lockdown too so I can't install anything else
ffffuuuu.gif

I use Opera Browser - have for the last 10 years or so.

At a squeeze I will use Firefox - I only use IE as a last resort when some idiot has a site that only works in IE - They still exist.

You can install Opera on a USB stick and run it from there if the IT idiots have locked everything down.

Even more satisfying is to burn a "live" Linux DVD or CD and run it from the CD drive. Has a complete operating system with browser etc. I always carry one in my bag - very very handy.

I think theres some distros work on a usb now.

http://www.linux.com/archive/feature/58080
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Live_CD
http://www.knopper.net/knoppix/index-en.html

hst

Reaction score
Originally Posted by KemalOnyurt
I found IE6.0.2900.5512 in one of our pcs and it seems working when I click the link.

It doesn't quite work for me. The "1 pair extra" is great if one is ordering 5 pairs of socks at one go; whereas the 20% discount on all purchases is a little more flexible for most of us.

cartisdm

Reaction score
Originally Posted by KemalOnyurt
can you see discount on old page ? if you click following link http://eshopoldpage.viccel.com/

Yes, I checked it on my IE6 browser here at work and I can see it just fine.

Originally Posted by fxh
I use Opera Browser - have for the last 10 years or so.

At a squeeze I will use Firefox - I only use IE as a last resort when some idiot has a site that only works in IE - They still exist.

You can install Opera on a USB stick and run it from there if the IT idiots have locked everything down.

Even more satisfying is to burn a "live" Linux DVD or CD and run it from the CD drive. Has a complete operating system with browser etc. I always carry one in my bag - very very handy.

I think theres some distros work on a usb now.

http://www.linux.com/archive/feature/58080
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Live_CD
http://www.knopper.net/knoppix/index-en.html

Yeah man, you're talking to a fellow Linux enthusiast; specifically Ubuntu/Debian distros. Here's a better question: What are two computer nerds doing on a Style forum?
uhoh.gif

EDIT: A true test of a linux user is to be able to convert their significant other to comfortably use an OS outside of Apple/Windows. I've got my fiancee on Ubuntu 10.04 and a rooted Droid Incredible
smile.gif

aleksandr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
(Sorry for hijacking your thread Kemal)

Sad thing is, they even have the network connection locked down. I tried firefox-on-a-stick once. It wouldn't connect to anything.

cartisdm

Reaction score
Kemel,

I didn't get a chance to order last night from home so I just placed an while at work for 2 pair using the old site. I can't wait for them to arrive (though I understand the shipping process takes quite a while)

Can't wait!

fxh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
(Sorry for hijacking your thread Kemal)

Sad thing is, they even have the network connection locked down. I tried firefox-on-a-stick once. It wouldn't connect to anything.

Have you tried setting to by pass proxies?

fxh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cartisdm
Yes, I checked it on my IE6 browser here at work and I can see it just fine.

Yeah man, you're talking to a fellow Linux enthusiast; specifically Ubuntu/Debian distros. Here's a better question: What are two computer nerds doing on a Style forum?
uhoh.gif

EDIT: A true test of a linux user is to be able to convert their significant other to comfortably use an OS outside of Apple/Windows. I've got my fiancee on Ubuntu 10.04 and a rooted Droid Incredible
smile.gif

I'm no nerd - its just basic life skills. You have to be able to work effectively whatever stupid ill thought through lockdown people who can't do your job have inflicted. So you need to know things.

I use Opera Unite to log into my main PC at home from wherever I am.

andas

Reaction score
I'm having issues with the size to get updated into the system. After choosing size, I still get the message that I need to choose size when adding socks to teh cart

Sanguis Mortuum

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by andas
I'm having issues with the size to get updated into the system. After choosing size, I still get the message that I need to choose size when adding socks to teh cart

Do you have Javascript disabled or anything like that?

andas

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sanguis Mortuum
Do you have Javascript disabled or anything like that?

Not sure what was wrong, but now it's working
smile.gif

KemalOnyurt

Reaction score
Finally 100%Merino socks are ready. We are really sorry for latency tests and improvements took more than we expected but production hides many things for latency if you are dealing yarn to ready socks.
As brief they are made of australian merino wool as 2 ply yarn which supplies softness and strength.
100% Merino wool socks are 40% thicker than wool-silk socks but they are as soft as wool-silk.
For now we have 8 colors as usual we would like to learn your new thoughts about colors.
Thanks for your patience.
ViccelMerinoWoolFlyer.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 16 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.2%

Forum statistics

Threads