• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
yeah, me likey too

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Can't wait for weather to get cold, will finally be able to wear layers up top.

luftvier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Uncontrol
Dude that jacket is not too short. You want his torso to look as long as his legs or something?
Are you blind? Jackets should end around the 2nd joint of the middle finger. You want him to look like a woman because their coats are that short too.
teacha.gif
Stick to your selvedge, let the real men do the sport coat criticism.
biggrin.gif
You want him to look like this?
palin-gray-blazer.jpg

brad-t

Bae Blade
Reaction score
Originally Posted by luftvier
Are you blind?

Jackets should end around the 2nd joint of the middle finger. You want him to look like a woman because their coats are that short too.
teacha.gif

Rules are antithetical to personal style. The only reason you believe this to be a fact is because you have read it countless times on an internet forum and are regurgitating it. Different lengths work for different people and different styles; it is not all as cut and dry as you seem to think.

I do prefer very short jackets because it suits my style. I would not recommend he wear a jacket as short as mine because it would look very out of place -- however, as it is now, the length of the jacket is shortening his legs pretty badly. Plus, he's wearing it with jeans quite casually, which I'd say calls for a shorter length. You're free to disagree, but come up with a better reason other than "it's tradition!"

driveslowk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
luft is pretty annoying

I liked your first two fits but the most recent one is terrible.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
can we make his user name mean punchable in urban dictionary?

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GraphicNovelty
Oh we've finally hit raw denim ubiquity backlash? Let me readjust my SF hype cycle meter.

I only put at an 8 because I'm guilty of this.

Brought out my costume today - gun club jacket and wine trou. Yeah, I got a lot of pictures. That's how we do in MC. Deal with it.
laugh.gif

In line with SW&D Rules:
BB - coat
Boss - shirt
BR - tie
Target - bar and links
Charles Tyrwhitt - trou
Stuart McGuire - shoes
Viccel - socks
Citizen - shoes
AE - belt

5202321289_ca741dec7e_z.jpg
5202321621_75ba48ffd0_z.jpg

Am I crazy, or are there some navy threads in this weave (along with black)?
5202321961_1263c06bc1_z.jpg

And my self destructing vintage shells have been fixed (for now) with shoe goo and lots of conditioner.
5202322535_98a86bb23e_z.jpg

Looks good. Wouldn't mind seeing more MC fits over here, as long as they're of the non-boring variety. I love the texture on the jacket, and the cuffs on the trousers add some nice balance to it. Coupla things:

- Did you list shoes twice?
eh.gif

- I like your pocket square, but isn't the hand-rolled edge supposed to be toward the shoulder instead of the lapel?

- No stalker, but I just noticed the location under your avatar, and I gotta ask - that's not Washington Square, is it?

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
His face is ******* luftviable. But seriously, that jacket is at least 1-2 inches "long", it's not a top coat.

MarkI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
benetton coat, uniqulo shirt and cardi, dior jeans, prada boots

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Luft's jacket looks too wide in the shoulder and too long, though that part may just be from the walking pose. Regardless, it looks dated which I suppose is how MC guys like a lot of their clothing to look so it's whatever.

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
one of the funniest things about MC guys is that they think SW&D adheres to rules like they do.

XenoX101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Listi
Looks p. bad Eason. The **** is with those pants.
lEGj1.jpg

Sorry to regurgitate but I actually like this, though I might be biased since this is very similar to the typical Aussie indie rockstar look, skinny jeans with cropped skinny blazer. The shoulders might be a tad wide and the pocket square could go but other then that I dig the fit and even moreso I dig the style.

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Jackets should end around the 2nd joint of the middle finger. You want him to look like a woman because their coats are that short too.
teacha.gif

I feel like even MCers would find this long, 2nd joint of the middle finger? That would hit half to two-thirds down my thigh. I like my jackets to hit at the metacarpophalangeal of the thumb and I consider that pretty conservative.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads