• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lands' End Canvas

bosatlbwi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by YoPete525
You're definitely a small, if not smaller--I'd highly recommend exchanging.

that is a small. and they don't have xs. For $10 each I'll keep them. If they had xs I'd exchange, but whatever.

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
sorry if this was asked before but is this a better alternative to the ll bean signature line? prices look great in comparison but how about sizing?

Meis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by randomkoreandude
sorry if this was asked before but is this a better alternative to the ll bean signature line? prices look great in comparison but how about sizing?
from the handful of items I've ordered over the last 3/4 year... sizing is all over the place. Some stuff fits quite slim for a mall-type brand, others huge. the only things that I've kept so far- striped oxford that fit reasonably slim (a little slimmer than jcrew) and a striped rugby that fit me almost perfectly v-neck tee and polo - fit slim fleece and shawl neck sweater - big and/or really long think I posted measurements for some items a number of months ago

johnH123

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So, my order came in today. Reviews as follows.

Corps Jacket: Pics on the website are a little deceptive. The collar is pretty big and bulky, especially on account of the concealable hood (which I may cut out to make the collar less bulky). Also, it's longer (long enough to cover ******) then it looks on the website. It's pretty light, perfect for spring/fall (especially if you layer). I'm glad I ordered a large, seems to run a tad big. All in all, a good piece on discount.

Men's Mock Neck Cardigan: Pretty thin and lightweight, interesting waffle-y pattern to the fabric. It's comfortable though, and the light weight of it makes it a good layering piece. Runs pretty TTS or even a tad big, all in all a good piece.

Vintage Fleece Crew Sweater: Thick and comfortable, runs a bit tight in the arms and body and shorter then their other sweaters. I like it.

Fold Up Hat: Great toque, once that marsupialed tag thingy on it comes off.

Also, they included a $10 gift card + free shipping code.

YoPete525

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mike868y
that is a small. and they don't have xs. For $10 each I'll keep them. If they had xs I'd exchange, but whatever.
Oh! My mistake, I misread your post as saying they were mediums, I understand now.

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
hmm if thats a small and thats how it looks, i may need to stay away from this brand. shame though since the price is hard to compete with ...

bosatlbwi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty shocked at how big it is. Especially considering there is no xs option. I wear a medium in hanes comfort soft t-shirts and this small henley is easily bigger than those.

I'm keeping it though as something to wear around the house.

TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How much would the Jersey Blazer shrink? I just got mine and its slighty tight when buttoned up. I'm now looking into the medium, but I can only imagine how big it might fit.

chris lewis

Reaction score
My latest order just came in:

Chambray workshirt
Wool crewneck sweater
Shaker shawl cardigan
Heritage cardigan

Will try to post up some fit pics later.

chris lewis

Reaction score
Here we go. Excuse the wrinkled shirt, I put it on straight out of the bag. Everything is size small. Chambray:
IMG_0744.jpg
Crewneck sweater:
IMG_0760.jpg
Shaker shawl cardigan:
IMG_0752.jpg
Heritage cardigan
IMG_0758.jpg
I'm iffy on the hertiage cardigan. Not sure if I like the fit yet or not. Will probably be keeping the rest.

cb_32

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
the shirt looks good on you, same with the crewneck

bombers

Reaction score
Yes, fit is nice on you. What are your body measurements?
I'm indecisive about S and M since others say they run big. I fit M is all the typical mall brands at 6'0'', 175 lb, 39-40" chest.

dijon

Reaction score
size small has a garment chest of 42 1/2 inches, length at the center back of 29 1/2 inches, waist of 39 1/2 inches and sleeve of 33 3/4 from the center back neck

it seems like S will do just fine if you want a fitted look

cb_32

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bombers
Yes, fit is nice on you. What are your body measurements? I'm indecisive about S and M since others say they run big. I fit M is all the typical mall brands at 6'0'', 175 lb, 39-40" chest.
I am 5 11 and im 160 pounds. Small only fits well on the chest area, anywhere else is too small. your best bet is M. though if i were you i would get a large and get to a tailor. the arms on these shirts run a little short
Originally Posted by dijon
it seems like S will do just fine if you want a fitted look
don't listen to this guy. if you get small you literally won't be able to move your arms across your chest and the fit will actually look funny, to get the "fitted look" just go to a tailor shop.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads