• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

"high end" brand quality opinions

bleachboy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fred H.
I don't understand why everyone is so enamored with these Italian luxury brands. They're all over priced IMHO, a situation exacerbated by the dollar/euro exchange rate.

We aren't all enamored. There is a tiny but loyal group of Samuelsohn fans here -- the best value in MTM, IMO. Great for people who don't feel like paying an extra $1100 for extremely obscure sartorial details nobody will ever see.

Fred H.

Reaction score
I get that, but have you had a SUIT made at Nordies?

Fred H.

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bleachboy
We aren't all enamored. There is a tiny but loyal group of Samuelsohn fans here -- the best value in MTM, IMO. Great for people who don't feel like paying an extra $1100 for extremely obscure sartorial details nobody will ever see.
Apologies in stitches, I'm not trying to hijack your thread... I like Samuelsohn as well. I've been thinking about THIS odd jacket for a week or two already: Camel Hair Sportcoat by Samuelsohn - Tan Crowsfoot:
1219088590.img
$995.00 from O'Connells

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
havent had a suit made only had them adjust suits i bought there and based on the work they have done i dont think i would spend mtm money there also i understand there are diff levels of nordstrom based on socioeconomical and geographical considerations and i have a "B" grade store here in baltimore

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Apologies in stitches, I'm not trying to hijack your thread...

I like Samuelsohn as well. I've been thinking about THIS odd jacket for a week or two already:

Camel Hair Sportcoat by Samuelsohn - Tan Crowsfoot:
1219088590.img

$995.00 from O'Connells

no problem all posts are welcome here its fun to watch the progression of a thread

F. Corbera

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by in stitches
no problem all posts are welcome here its fun to watch the progression of a thread

I agree. It's very exciting.

Fred H.

Reaction score
havent had a suit made only had them adjust suits i bought there and based on the work they have done i dont think i would spend mtm money there also i understand there are diff levels of nordstrom based on socioeconomical and geographical considerations and i have a "B" grade store here in baltimore

Well, I can definitely recommend the Nordies at Tysons. Pentagon City is pretty good, too. The closest store to me is Montgomery Mall, and my suit-gal left.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, I can definitely recommend the Nordies at Tysons. Pentagon City is pretty good, too. The closest store to me is Montgomery Mall, and my suit-gal left.

thanks, i havent been to tysons but ive heard good things about it and its not too far ill have to get out there sooner than later

Sanguis Mortuum

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I don't really follow your logic here. I don't see how the quality of work of whoever your local Nordstroms uses for alterations has any bearing whatsoever on the expectation of quality from Samuelsohn MTM sold through Nordstroms.

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by emmanuel
Isaia gives the best bang for the buck at retail hands down.
I'm in agreement with this comment.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sanguis Mortuum
I don't really follow your logic here. I don't see how the quality of work of whoever your local Nordstroms uses for alterations has any bearing whatsoever on the expectation of quality from Samuelsohn MTM sold through Nordstroms.

i mean to say i wouldnt trust them to take my measurements and translate them properly and if there was an error i think they might leave me to hold the bag. now if a tailor from samuelsohn was there to do the fitting that would be different

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TheWraith
Try Cad & the Dandy then. You can order from them online, if you wish.
Have you ordered from them? Experience? I have a nephew who is in need of a service of this type.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads