• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

GraphicNovelty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
X-post from the MC challenge. Not really MC, but what I wear to work most of the time:
picture002kt.jpg
picture001yt.jpg
Crew 'qlo Levi's AE

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
nothing wrong with it IMO, just nothing too exciting here. but, may day to day sw&d guys are guilty of the same thing.

Originally Posted by NOBD
Another MC'er climbing over the fence...

Thought I'd give it another try after last week's challenge outfit. Jeans and
jacket are the same. This is basically what I wear every day: jeans/cotton
trousers, shirt, sweater, jacket, and suede shoes, sometimes sneakers.

The challenge outfit was my snow outfit"”hence the boots; I thought those
were more SW'ish... I was wrong. I have no idea how monks are looked upon
here, but I think they're great, from jeans to suit. (Forgive me for not using
the right clothing terms; I don't know how to do SW&D language (if there is
such a thing) and I'm not a native speaker.)

Oh, and I read some of you don't like detail pictures"”I do.

Okay, here goes:

01totaal.jpg
02details.jpg

Be gentle.

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
I thought you guys were ballers
frown.gif

Looking at my first pair of EGs and for the record I was buzzed off chimay yesterday so please pardon the disgruntled posts (no I am not drunk now).

why not Vass?

Originally Posted by NOBD
Another MC'er climbing over the fence...

Thought I'd give it another try after last week's challenge outfit. Jeans and
jacket are the same. This is basically what I wear every day: jeans/cotton
trousers, shirt, sweater, jacket, and suede shoes, sometimes sneakers.

The challenge outfit was my snow outfit"”hence the boots; I thought those
were more SW'ish... I was wrong. I have no idea how monks are looked upon
here, but I think they're great, from jeans to suit. (Forgive me for not using
the right clothing terms; I don't know how to do SW&D language (if there is
such a thing) and I'm not a native speaker.)

Oh, and I read some of you don't like detail pictures"”I do.

Okay, here goes:

http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/...mg139.imageshack.us/img139/9651/02details.jpg

Be gentle.

Pretty nice. Love the monks. What are they?

Originally Posted by Eason
I've been wearing this suit the last 2 days in HK, hardly any sleep. 6 job interviews in 2 days.

Managed to get my digicam back from the gf while I was there, but I have no time to do anything for the contest except this:
http://i51.tinypic.com/9tgw74.jpg

Valid criticism: Shirt pulls at the chest (stretchy so it isn't restricting, but what else is new), collar is too small, pants are wrinkly. wow, didn't notice how wrinkly they are.

i also think the lapels are too skinny, makes them look a little dated.

Originally Posted by fuji

All saints is horribly under rated on SF. Even at full retail the boots are a good deal and the leathers are good on sale. jewelry is quite nice too.

this is good to know, we now have something to recommend to everyone who asks "Hey guys i really really like W+H Service Boots where can i get them for $100?"

Originally Posted by Synthese
I almost put on trousers so that I could join AR's competition, and then I thought, "nah."

http://i.imgur.com/gYDaTl.jpg

top half doesn't really go with bottom half.

ktrp

Reaction score
Originally Posted by StanleyVanBuren
It's probably going to be more in this board's direction though. Easier for the guy wearing a suit to find a reason to dress SW&D for the hell of it than the other way around.

I find this odd, although its been pointed out a few times.

I don't wear a suit or tie to work, though I do wear sportsjackets. If I'm meeting a client, a suit is expected.

While I may only wear a suit once/month (client meetings, plus a few weddings/formal events per year), that once/month is the most important event of the month, and the one wear I care most about my appearance.

Going the other way, I own a few pairs of jeans now, but did not own any for a 4-5 year stretch recently. My old ones wore out, and I just never replaced them. I've only recently started wearing them again on weekends. And of course, as soon as I get home from work. At this rate, I'll have a nice fade by 2013, hopefully its still cool then.

GraphicNovelty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Uncontrol
what if the jeans and coat were the same pastel blue

Only if he has darker colored briefs and boots with jets in them

Mega_Man_%28Mega_Man_9%29.png

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thekunk07
nothing wrong with it IMO, just nothing too exciting here.

Thanks. I understand.

Originally Posted by hendrix
Pretty nice. Love the monks. What are they?

Thanks. C&J Savile:

savilei.jpg

GlenCoe

Reaction score
I've been wearing this suit the last 2 days in HK, hardly any sleep. 6 job interviews in 2 days.

Managed to get my digicam back from the gf while I was there, but I have no time to do anything for the contest except this:

Valid criticism: Shirt pulls at the chest (stretchy so it isn't restricting, but what else is new), collar is too small, pants are wrinkly. wow, didn't notice how wrinkly they are.

What strikes me the most is the short jacket, it's really really short.

UrbanComposition

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been wearing this suit the last 2 days in HK, hardly any sleep. 6 job interviews in 2 days. Managed to get my digicam back from the gf while I was there, but I have no time to do anything for the contest except this:
9tgw74.jpg

Not a bad stylish suit. It would look great on a skinny azn. Unfortunately, you are neither. Proportion plays a key role in MC. If you're going for fashion style points, OK. However, there is a different mindset that takes current trends into consideration, and adjusts it according to your particular body type. You might want to check out MC WAYRN for posters similar to your body type, note their suit proportions, & and infuse your personal steez into it. Good luck on your interviews.

UrbanComposition

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ All things considered: your shoulders fit great, and sleeve length is spot on. Hem your trousers, keep the suit, and wear for the next year or so, until narrow lapels are out of style.

Abliss

Reaction score
Originally Posted by UrbanComposition
^^ All things considered: your shoulders fit great, and sleeve length is spot on. Hem your trousers, keep the suit, and wear for the next year or so, until narrow lapels are out of style.

Wasnt one of the main issues with SW&D from MC perspective that it was too 'current' style oriented? In stead of getting what different lapel is in style, why not just get the one that 'suits' you the most?

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by UrbanComposition
Trousers look godawful and the skinny lapels are not good. Whole suit looks wrinkled and cheap. White and light grey are not good colors for pale white people. Also don't think you can get away with an unbuttoned dress shirt like that with your chest/shoulders. Congratulations you're in good shape. Now stop dressing like an aneroxic hipster. Get some ******* Yohji or something. <3

Listi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks p. bad Eason. The **** is with those pants.
lEGj1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads