• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Wine Thread

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
I'm jumping on her Nuits for $32 next time at Z's.

Her Vosne-Romanee 1er was on Per Se's list for $340
frown.gif

And her Richebourgh is also on the list but prices range from $1,000 to $2,700
frown.gif
frown.gif

Mark from Plano

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ricardo Malocchio
Whoa, I certainly didn't expect to be labeled a snob for recommending cru-Beaujolais over nouveau, but I do apologize for offending you!

It seems that I may have stepped in the middle of some ongoing dispute between a number of you folks, and that's not at all where I like to find myself. If it's not too late, I think I'll just attempt to gracefully withdraw from this conversation and retreat back to lurking. But please know that I had no intention of offending anyone.

Accepted. Although it must be said that there's no one on this board that wouldn't recommend a cru beaujolais over a BN. But some of us are interested in the fun of things and of trying different things regardless of whether or not it is the "best". So I'll continue to drink CB most of the time and sample a BN or two when they come out, just for fun.

PandArts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh good grief what's happening to our beloved thread? It's slowly turning into a a threak!!??
devil.gif

Originally Posted by gomestar
wine people are super cereal!

If so then I'm Cap'in Crunch Yo!

Originally Posted by kwilkinson
+1. Petrus, this thread is one of the very very very few threads on StyleForvm where we all get along for the most part. We have different tastes but we talk about things, debate them, chalk it up to personal tastes, etc, without being douchesacks. You don't need to prove to us how smart you are in wine. I can assure you that none of us give a flying ****.

+100...almost makes me not want to post here anymore
confused.gif

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
I'm jumping on her Nuits for $32 next time at Z's.

Her Vosne-Romanee 1er was on Per Se's list for $340
frown.gif

And her Richebourgh is also on the list but prices range from $1,000 to $2,700
frown.gif
frown.gif

Didn't that dude in plano get the Rich for $150??

ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif

Mark from Plano

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton

ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif

Yes, the 2004. But only one bottle.
ffffuuuu.gif
Should have pulled the trigger on two or three.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
At least you got one.
frown.gif

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton

ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif

yes, but he has a GARBAGE palate, and it'll be totally wasted on him - I think he should flip it for a 20% profit.

Paypal ok?

Mark from Plano

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
yes, but he has a GARBAGE palate, and it'll be totally wasted on him - I think he should flip it for a 20% profit.

Paypal ok?

teacha.gif
I'll agree with the GARBAGE palate thing. I probably couldn't tell the difference between it and a BN, so...

Mark from Plano

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Has anyone had the Bouchard Pere & Fils 1st Cru Beaune du Chateau? I picked up a couple of bottles of the 2006 last night ($34). When I was logging them into cellartracker I found that they were on my wishlist there, which means that someone had recommended it to me at some point, but I can't remember who.

Anyway, just curious.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
I have had it, I liked it. Think I paid more.

Mark from Plano

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I also picked up a bottle of a 1999 Chateau La Bessane (Margaux) for about $41. Don't know anything about the producer. The only 1999 Bords I've had were a couple of bottles of Vieux Chateau Certain (Pom) which were pretty danged tasty. Not expecting the moon here, but if it's decent $41 seems pretty reasonable for an aged Margaux.

I'll probably take it with me for Thanksgiving and I'll report back. The store had quite a few bottles at this price.

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
good wine can make mehhh Neapolitan pizza even better.

But too bad work happens. And where work happens, no wine will be opened before 5 PM
frown.gif

audiophilia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A friend works for a company in Paris. She called one day and said that they were breaking out the Champers at 2. Regularly, too. Class.

oneeightyseven

Almost Special
Reaction score
I tried some really expensive wine the other day..something like 1500 for the bottle. I'm going to ask the name of it and report back to SF's own wine expert, Petrus1, for verification (re: lulz).

Mark from Plano

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by audiophilia
A friend works for a company in Paris. She called one day and said that they were breaking out the Champers at 2. Regularly, too. Class.

Any civilized country would do the same.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads